got a question???

KB2ROCKET

no you dont have to heat it
but you do have to be aware that thin wall tubing will wrinkel and of course the tighter the radius the worse the condition will be. I suggest getting a test piece and bend it and see what happens
have fun be safe

kbs8ball

I just bought one of those harbor freight HYD. pipe benders...it works pretty good...no heat required....it bends 7/8" dom tubing nicely...I should have my forks done this week sometime.

Plumbing supply shops will sell you a steel spring that goes inside the tubing. The idea is the spring will aid in maintaining the form and help prevent flat spotting.

07D675

I used a piece of wire in small brass tubing for my r/c planes when bending fuel lines. Maybe a piece of stiff nylon rope would work? got any sacrificial tubing laying around to test this? Just a thought...

I have 25 planes heres a few Patty wagstaff extra 300 daul ace twin cesna 310 twin bobcat .46
Nice stuff man!!!:thumbsup: I also have quite a collection of planes. About 15 of them are ready to go and I have several others unbuilt (NIB) An Extra 300 framed up and a 1/4 scale Sig Morrissey Bravo which is about 90% complete. I just sorta changed my mind about using the O.S. 4 cylinder/4 stroke Pegasus I have for it. Lotsa dough for that one.