got bored today

i had nothing to do after work so i stuck the 6hp OHV Tec/TAV that i've got in my DB. my 5.5 is going to be down for awhile and i want to ride this weekend. all i've got left to do is hook up the kill switch, make a chain and stick the seat back on.

it went in very easily after i pulled the tank off and stuck it on the engine plate that i had from cjtmini.

vette66_00

looks good. The stock gas tank will fit under the frame and line up if you had the clutch and it was backward. You know that though Im sure.

the chain looks pretty close, i might mess with it some more tonight. i'll let you guys know once i get it on there.

if it's off by much, i'll just yank the TAV and stick one of my clutches on there and see how that lines up.

i put the chain on and it is off by a bit. i ran it on the lift (too late to ride here) and the chain stayed on. i'll have to see how it does tomorrow.

i'm going to go to Ace and get some washers/spacers to try and get it to line up tomorrow (will replace the current wheel spacers). it's not off by much and looks worse in the pic.

i did have to cut off the mount for the chain guard on the piece that the fender mounts to so the TAV would clear. it was the only way to get the chain tension right. my neighbors must have loved hearing the grinder going full bore. :laugh:

i spaced the rear wheel over to the right by about 1/4" tonight and now everything is lined up pretty damn straight.

i rode it on my street some tonight and it wants to wheelie like crazy with the TAV on there.