Grand Rapids Mich Ride 8-2-15

Ride Update!

The weather appears to be going our way. The ride is at 1:00 and rain/storms aren't expected in the area until 5:00 or later ...

Also after Burton Heights we may pack it up and take the minis out to Cutlerville where the ride is less surface streets and more trails.

Lets Ride!

Tom & Kevin

I am planning on going and the weather looks good till maybe 4-5pm. A little water will not hurt us. My friend Bob from Ionia will be joining too. GM

Tink

The weather appears to be going our way. The ride is at 1:00 and rain/storms aren't expected in the area until 5:00 or later ...

Also after Burton Heights we may pack it up and take the minis out to Cutlerville where the ride is less surface streets and more trails.

Lets Ride!

Tom & Kevin
Tear it up guys!
I used to live across from the railroad grade south of Cutlerville in the early eighties and rode it now and then on Harley dirt bikes someone else owned.
It had some whoop de doo's he crashed on trying to catch up and put a foot peg through the back of his lower leg.
Have fun. Be safe.

Tink

West side of Division Ave. South of 76th . From the trailer park there to near 84th.
We called it the inter urban.
Former railroad grade.
Don't know if it is a part of a Meijer type trail system now.
Access was through waste transfer station; mid eighties adress's lot if recalled correctly.
I was on acreage the other side of Division, about touching the park in back.

Had a great time!...........A couple of riders couldn't make it but we ended up with 12 of us, rode around the school to shake things down, and then up into the old neighborhood for a tour of the alleys and streets, stopped for a photo-op in front of Phils old house, took a break and then hit it some more, after a while we crossed S Division ave and took a sidestreet to our old Jr High where we paused for another couple pics on top of the hill overlooking the ball fields and track, rolled on down where Six led the way back to the old BMX track and trails in the woods, the rear tire went flat on my MTD my buddy Gene was riding, I went back for the truck and by the time I got back and had it loaded the rest of the group was returning from the trails, Gene drove the truck back to Brookside school and I rode back with the group, by this time we had a couple of hours into our ride, it was a pretty hot day and some folks were ready to pack it in, now there were 5 of us left, we spent a couple more hours on the minis before finally calling it quits ourselves, thanks to everyone that showed!................Looking foreward to more of the same!.................Tom. DSCN2835.JPG DSCN2837.JPG DSCN2840.JPG DSCN2846.JPG DSCN2847.JPG

great time guys! i will travel any day for that. sorry i had to leave! ill be staying for the whole thing next time!! ill be back!

As soon as I got home from the ride my power went out .... I'm writing this from my bench at work on my laptop, it has no spell check so bear with me.....

Nice ride, the first 1/2 was a little shorter than I expected but it was stupid hot ... was expecting 81 and got 91 and humid.
I was on the madien voyage of the VT-10 I aquired from jeep4me and countsteveula. jeep had put leather saddle bags at some point, I had them loaded with water, 7-up & Vernors and buried it all in Ice. The saddlle bags were loaded and dripping. I also packed up a tool box, mounted it to the bike and loaded the whole thing on my hitch mounted carrier I made for hauling minis on the car ... the VT-10 pushed the limit of what should be loaded on that thing! (the next day I bought a trailer!)
Got to the school about 10 to ... the usual trouble makers were there along with out old friends fron the 70's Phil, Pat & Mike ... We met Bob and his friend Doug, Gary (garysguns) was also in attendance as was Mark and the surprise for me was a young man, Colton (gow894) who came from waterford, about 150 miles away. It was his 21st birthday. Cool dude, seemed to have a grin on his face when ever I saw him.

Tom pretty much covered the ride details and I didnt take alot of pics but i see many others did!
Found some new trails that will be explored in the future. Wish I had worn pants back in the trails, briars cut me up ...

The ride was fun if not a bit hot for my tastes ... a big disappointment for me was jeep4me being unable to attend ... we BS all the time but its nice to just run him off the road in person on occasion!!

Thanks to all who came, its the people who make the ride!

we should do it again on the 16th! sunday!
Hey Colton I like the way you think!
And I will be riding that day but it will be with my 2 granddaughters ... it wont be a balls-to-the-wall ride ...

I know jeep4me holds his annual West Side Ride so thats coming ... but I suspect there will be an adult ride in the not to distant future, before it gets cold and were stuck indoors.

Bring a buddy with you next time!!

But it seems like the smaller the group, the rowdier the group gets!

Kevin

It was a great ride, a good time was had by all. Made some new friends, a great group there. Looking forward to the next one. My pics are pretty much the same as the others, no need to clutter up. Won't be in town on the 16th, look forward to maybe jeep's ride.
Mark

The only thing I would do different is avoid the dirt alleys ... works ok with 4 or 5 riders but if your the last in line of 12 riders your gonna choke on the dust ...
I was the lead rider so it was all good in my hood!!!