greyhound 6.5hp

Had to take a slight pause from the minibike project that i started for my little nephew but now i am on track especially now that i scored on 2 almost
new blue gx200 clones for at little less than the cost of my HF predator i recently bought but now returned :biggrin:. Originally i was suppose to use a tec powersport 5hp but couldnt really find engine performance parts and it was missing a few pieces too. Im thinking about slapping one of the stock clones in the minibike and calling it done. As far as color i am leaning more towards a green something that you might see on like a dodge srt charger for both frame and engine parts like gas tank and etc. Back to the engine, i want to modify the other engine by doing a mild hop up. i currently have a k&n style air filter on the way as well as the adapter with the choke holder thanks to OldMiniBikes. Before i remove the governor i want to replace the connecting rod with an arc billet rod as well as change the piston to a standard bore flat top. Dont really know wether to go with an aluminum fly wheel or billet, i am open to suggestions as far as what camshaft to use. i am leaning towards using a mikuni 22mm or 26mm with a fuel pump if needed. I am a little savy with dirtbikes and quads so in order to get the proper jetting for these types of engines do i have to consider altitude, humidity, temperature, etc? Oh yeah dont have a clue on what type or kind of exhaust to go with just yet, i am open to suggestions there also. Anything else that you guys might suggest i should consider purchasing or upgrading please do tell. The gf gave me the green light so i am taking full advantage :thumbsup: she was really pleased with the way my ez go golf cart project turned out especially now that she gets to off road it a little bit. thanks again fellas look forward to the replies

heres a pic of both engines, there a little dusty since i left them out side but you can see the tag on one of them..how much more hp increase is expected with these mild upgrades?

clone flywheel

We use a ARC6619 billet aluminum flywheel. Our go kart racing group says we have to have them 100 bucks. Guess they don't explode like the stock flywheels do after 7000 rpm's.

What frame are those engines going into? Might be some clearance issues with those HUGE extended (California emissions) gas caps?:shrug:
Michael