guidance needed

View attachment 64284 View attachment 64283 Hello All,
I am completely new to the mini Bike scene and need some of guidance. Recently I purchased a 1971 JC Penny Foremost Golden Pony. It caught my eye because it appears to be completely original right down to the serial tag still riveted to the frame.

My question is this; When looking for parts and advice what do I call this? is it a Rupp? Bonanza? Golden Pony? I really don't know what area I should be in for such help.

Point me in the right direction please.

One of the more seasoned members may correct me, but, I believe the manufacturer was Bird. They made bikes for stores like JC Penny and Sears to sell under different names.

Search "Golden Pinto" and it'll get you in the right direction.

Last edited:
As said its a Bird , made in Nebraska for Sears Penny's and others , it is a Foremost Golden Pinto , a great vintage mini ! Looks great other than the high speed forks , easy to straighten with a shop press and a little finess , what parts would you need ?

markus

Nice :thumbsup: That is the first version of the "Golden Pinto" that Bird made for Foremost/JC penney. The model before that was actually made by ARCO.

You dont see yours as much compared to the later versions, its disc brake only, they quickly changed to a scrub brake and clutch band brake on the later bikes. Good eye cause it looks correct and clean at least on the the right side :thumbsup: I hope you will take a bunch of photo's (I'id like to see a close up of the brake)

As said its a Bird , made in Nebraska for Sears Penny's and others , it is a Foremost Golden Pinto , a great vintage mini ! Looks great other than the high speed forks , easy to straighten with a shop press and a little finess , what parts would you need ?
I need the the complete set of forks and handel bars they are missing on the bike i woild like to restore

I need the the complete set of forks and handel bars they are missing on the bike i woild like to restore
The original post was from 9 years ago. You will most likely have better luck posting in the wanted section of the classifieds when you have enough posts to do so. Meanwhile, post up some pictures of what you have in the projects section. Welcome aboard!