GX 240 shaft questions

I'm excited...the GX 240 is a very good engine...with a little work, and an appropriate roller frame, you'll probably have one of the fastest minibikes in South Bend...

BTW...I was a little shocked when I measured the output shaft as it was when it arrived...it was .983, which is really undersized for a 1" crank...if it was mounted to a standard 1" pump, that gap around the shaft allowed all that corrosion to form...

Shouldn't happen again...a 3/4" clutch fits like a glove now...when the shoe hub heats up from riding, it will actually close down completely onto the crank...zero wobble.

Thats not saying much...

I'm excited...the GX 240 is a very good engine...with a little work, and an appropriate roller frame, you'll probably have one of the fastest minibikes in South Bend...
Remember, in the land of the blind the one eye'd man is king. A bone stock gx240 couldn't hang with MDB and his crew.

I finally got a chance to finish hitman's crankshaft...

The extension/retainer is machined from billet aluminum...

It probably should be referred to as only a retainer and not an extension...the 'extension' portion is only 1/10" long, and there was enough left of the Honda's crank after cutting off the unusable threaded portion that the crankshaft passes completely through the engagement surface portion of a clutch...the extension part of the retainer only fills the countersunk area at the very end of the clutch bore.