GX160 clone bogging down on acceleration.

Hi everyone.
I'm the new guy with a typical "new guy" question.
I just purchased a really nice new-style doodle bug for $70. It's build date was 10-2010!!
The 97cc engine is junk. Period.
So I bought a pressure washer with a 5.5 hp honda clone for $40.
Here is where it starts gettin weird. The throttle assembly on the clone was "locked down" so it couldn't be adjusted. This seemed weird because it still had the adjuster lever sticking out like it should be adjustable. Easy enough fix.

So after I removed the locked-up pump, the engine starts right up. AWESOME! Then (before and after warming up) I notice it bogs down when I open up the throttle quickly. So I figure it must have some varnish or dirt in the main jet. I open it up and see a super dooper clean carb inside! I clean everything out anyway. I also thought it was weird because it had the "main jet" screwed into the SIDE of the main tube instead of up inside it. It's a teeny tiny lil fella also. After everything was thoroughly cleaned with carb spray and compressed air, it seemed to function perfectly. Carb spray came out of all the passages its supposed to come out of. I put it back together...same problem. This is when I notice that I can get the engine to full RPM by slooowly opening the throttle. It will run forever at full RPM like this. As soon as it slows to an idle, I can "floor it" and it falls on it's face and will eventually die if I leave it at wide-open throttle. A little more tinkering and I noticed if I close the choke about 1/3 of the way, it seems to run perfectly. No more bogging under quick acceleration. Good idle. No black or white smoke.

I've taken the carb apart two more times since then. I've used almost an entire can of carb spray on it. I even tried plugging some of the holes on the e-tube.

There is one needle (idle mixture?) with a "plug" covering it. I haven't removed it yet. but it seems to flow carb cleaner through it really well. I can't find jets for this thing anywhere. Could this carb be purpose built for a single-speed application?

Will a clone carb from a 6.5 fit? I can get new "stock" 6.5 carbs for $20 +/-
Some even say "gx160 gx200" in the description.

Sorry for the novel, but I wanted to be as thorough as possible. I tried a search first...but the word "bog" brings up nothing. By the way...all testing was done "at the carb". (gov linkage disconnected for troubleshooting purposes)

I should take a picture of the main jet on this thing.

Thanx!

D

Nothing?
This is the first "honda" engine I've ever touched. I think I will get a new carb...I just don't want to buy the wrong one.

There appears to be two different part numbers for the 6.5 carb and the 5.5 carb.
6.5 #16100-ZLO-W51
5.5 #16100-ZH8-W61

I would think the main jet and the E-tube would be different.

The 5.5 carb is the "safe" bet...but if the 6.5 is better, I sure would like to know before I buy the 5.5.

Somebody must know the differences. (or the cure to my bogging problem.)

Any help is much appreciated.

D

Okay...so after taking the carb off 5 or 6 more times today...I realize the mounting studs are perfectly level. Meaning they are on the same plane horizontally across from each other. I remered the pictures of gx200's being un-level with each other. It seemed like the gx200 carb studs are on the same angle as the cylinder bore. (one higher than the other.)

This got me pretty worried. I did ALOT more research online and came to the conclusion that this is a yamaha motor.
LINK

The parts are waaaay more expensive for this motor.

Probably going back on craigslist. Maybe I can refurbish the pump and make a buck or two off this thing. *sigh*

Thanks for your help Oldschool.

Again...I had never touched a honda ohv engine...so you can understand my mistake. They look ALOT ALIKE.

D