GX160 questions

Ok I'm running 22mm mikuni carb, K&N air filter, performance header, governor removed and an ARC Billet Rod on a real gx160. I was wondering what valve springs do you guys recommend and how essential would it be to get an alum. flywheel and with that automatic 4* timing advance from the new flywheel should anymore be filed off the key??? I just want to get the fullest out of my engine without loosing its reliability

I would say go for the 18lb springs.
And i wouldnt consider the alum. flywheel a necessity unless you are going balls to the walls open throttle.
If you are smart and dont push the engine too far you will be fine.
You can also file some off the stock flywheel key to advance your timing

if you want to advance your timing the best or the safest i should say is to buy a flywheel key already made for advancement they are called rocket keys 4,6,8 degree advance . nr racing .com sells keys the only things about filing your own keys is being precise, and making the key weak when you file the metal thin on one side for under 10.00 bucks it`s worth it remember that flywheel is spinning almost 5000 rpm`s.

ok because I heard about a stock flywheel that broke at 6500 rpms and guy literally had to get a stich cast :confused: so if I'm lets say about 4500 rpms or maybe even 5000 i think im gonna get one also I heard they give great acceleration

I was just wondering how much more speed and torque do you think that you've gained from this combo?

I also have a GX 160 I'm looking too modify slightly.

NewAge

When I purchased my go-fast parts for a GX200 Clone I asked a bunch of questions beforehand and regarding the flywheel, the safety issue shouldn't be overlooked, the aluminum ARC is much lighter which translates into not only faster acceleration but also faster braking performance as well as lessening a minibikes tendency to "gyro" which makes turning more difficult.

Buy your flywheel keys already indexed from NR for 10 bucks each.