Gx200 problems

I have a gx200 on my hawg ty.
My problem is, it starts good and revs good, only in choke and half choke. But when i un-choke it, it revs up, then dies. It would never start With the choke open, whether or not its hot or cold.
My question is, why? Why cant i run it with the choke open?

sounds to me like you have an air leak from the intake. as soon as you fully open the choke the bike gets too much air leans out revs up and shuts off. check your gaskets and replace them if necessary and make sure everything is tight and lines up correctly.

another problem may be that your carburetor is dirty and not letting enough fuel through. so when its gets too much air its leaning it self out. you should clean that up either way.

Nope re sealed it, cleaned it, started it, and it srill the same. I sprayed carb cleaner around the manifold to see if it would bog out and it doesnt, so no leaks. Cleaned every single part of the carb. Brake clean, carb clean, and shot air everywhere i could. Its just like cleaning a the carb on my truck, moped, and larnmower... Its still the same.

bandit 40

Well then its possible its a leak then like jdmbb said above, revving high when you unchoke it :shrug:. Maybe a gasket slipped or folded ,if you had it apart.

It doesnt high rev when i take it off choke, it revs up for a second then dies.
I am very sure that there is no leak. There is no way i got a folded gasket either because i used gasket maker. Ive been using it on all of my moped truck and lawnmower. Ive cleaned it a billion times. Could it be running lean because of no filter?

Could it be from a valve lash? I could hear tapping at idle. Prev owner said he rebuilt it and it runs but i started it the day i got it, didnt even ride it, and let it sit. This was about a year ago.

Well just trying to help,the stock jet should work unless something changed. Did you just take the cover and filter off? Or remove the box from the carb? If you removed the whole box than what did you put back on the studs to fill the gap from carb to the nuts?

If you have that covered,than it could be the air bleeds or emulation tubes are clogged.

Yea i removed the whole airbos, not just the filter and cover. Theres actually a small metal sleeve on the airbox where it slides onto the studs/bolts that go into the head, the sleeves slipped off and im just using them as spacers now, just to hold the carb and plastic manifold peice on there tight. I dont have the filter nor do i have the cover for it, thats why i pulled off the whole thing.

well then you definitely need to jet up and put a piece of cloth or something to cover the face of the carb so you dont suck up a rock in there. your bike is turning off because without the air filter you are getting way too much air coming in and not enough fuel. i would just put the stock air box back on until i got the correct parts to remove the stock air box and jet up. i dont think the motor would appreciate that kind of abuse

What if i put a gx390 carb, will it just bolt up?
no you will need an adapter, but you shouldn't put it on because if its a stock unmodified motor it will be too big of a carb. just put a header and intake on and a jet, im thinking when i did just those mods i had a 90 or 92 jet and it ran great.