H50 build

I've had this engine for many years, and I used to race it nearly 2 decades ago on karts. I finally dug up all the stuff to freshen it up. It's pretty much a stock Motorsports engine, but the head is milled .040" and I'm running a float carb this time around instead of the Tilly. I decided to paint it Silver, and I'm going to put the old school 5HP crossflags decal on it.

Std bore H50
Motorsports heat treated crank
Motorsports billet rod and piston
Motorsports cam
Motorsports springs retainers
Stainless Valves
Motorsports springs
Motorsports hot coil
H60 float carb
Custom delrin velocity stack
Single stage header

I want to find an old mini bike suited for a big block (and an, um, advanced size older guy) to put this on.

j

The NOS Motorsports cam I had 1 1/4 lobes engraved on the backside of the cam. The base circle is 1" so it is s .250" lift cam (I'm not sure what stock H50's were) and it has a little more duration than stock cams. These cams always made great torque on karts, so I think it would be great for a mini bike.

I love the look of the old silver Tecumsehs and not sure they even made silver H50's, but I don't care. With the recoil being the newer style, it wasn't going to look correct anyway. I was going for retro, but not resto. I have the crossflags decal in the mail.

markus

I love the look of the old silver Tecumsehs and not sure they even made silver H50's, but I don't care. With the recoil being the newer style, it wasn't going to look correct anyway. I was going for retro, but not resto. I have the crossflags decal in the mail.

Looks and sounds good :thumbsup: And yes, they did have silver H engines. Powerdyne and Simplex/Valiant are two that I can think of offhand that used silver (with flags) H50's. You would maybe find them on trikes like that as well possibly, I had an 8hp in silver/flagged and lighted off a trike here for awhile.