H50 Crankshaft

copyman

I still can't find the crank for an H50 rebuild. Crank in engine now has broken snout. The engine is off a Hilltopper mini bike H50- 65286H. I've only been looking for the part # in the original engine manual "31826". Is there an alternate part # I can use? Hard to believe crank would be exclusive to only one engine? Contact me if anyone has it to sell.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

I still can't find the crank for an H50 rebuild. Crank in engine now has broken snout. The engine is off a Hilltopper mini bike H50- 65286H. I've only been looking for the part # in the original engine manual "31826". Is there an alternate part # I can use? Hard to believe crank would be exclusive to only one engine? Contact me if anyone has it to sell.

check with joe51 he had one for sale

Hello,
Please post a picture of the crank that you are trying to replace for reference. I may have what you are looking for.
Regards,
Joe51

mustangfrank

Only one part number for a 3/4" PTO, ball bearing, points, H50. Other part numbers are for 1" PTO or non ball bearing, etc. If you're in a hurry you'll find cranks and complete non BB H50s are much more common, just a side cover swap to install one of those.

@copyman I've got an H50 crankshaft with a 3/4'' PTO shaft . But it does have a nick on the rod journal so I polished it up some and should be OK to use . If Interested let me know and I'll spec it out for you and send pics. You can have It for the low price of shipping cost .

copyman

@copyman I've got an H50 crankshaft with a 3/4'' PTO shaft . But it does have a nick on the rod journal so I polished it up some and should be OK to use . If Interested let me know and I'll spec it out for you and send pics. You can have It for the low price of shipping cost .
Hi

Thanks for letting me know. Yes I'm interested. If not too much trouble please send pics.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

On the Ebay shaft you are looking at. That is not an original ball earing crank. An original equipped bearing crank is slightly larger in diameter where the bearing presses on. You can use a non bearing crank in a bearing application though. Just need to get a smaller ID bearing (1") and make a different thrust washer with the same 1" ID that goes between the crank gear and bearing.

copyman

On the Ebay shaft you are looking at. That is not an original ball earing crank. An original equipped bearing crank is slightly larger in diameter where the bearing presses on. You can use a non bearing crank in a bearing application though. Just need to get a smaller ID bearing (1") and make a different thrust washer with the same 1" ID that goes between the crank gear and bearing.
Thanks for that tip. Good stuff. Good to know there are other options.

Someone else had another good solution which was to use a non bearing crank with a new side cover.

By the way does the bearing need to be pressed onto crank with a press?

Happy New year!

A small press works best. Some heat the bearing in motor oil so it will slip on. I prefer the press option. If you have the bearing side cover I would stick with that. Much better than than bushing version.
Regards