H60 for Shooter1989's Tote Gote

I am reposting this in the Tecumseh thread for any help I can get on this. Thanks!

Here I am with the "original" motor from this bike. He had left it sitting in his shop with no progress, so I took it to get it finished up.

Tecumseh H60-75083B. Of course that is one of the non-existent model numbers, which makes it more fun. This motor is only 50 model numbers off mine and uses almost all the same hard parts. Mine is H60-75133H.

Honed the cylinder, New standard rings give .030" gap. A little over the .020" max but it is what it is.

Remachined the original valves, cut new seats, new retainers. Lash at .005".

Old rod had spun the bearing. I had the extra rod from my H60 build for my Super Bronc, so in it went after polishing the journal.

Breather on, cleaned mount posts and then points plate on. Set the points gap and then timed it for .080". Put key in the keyway, then slid flywheel on and gave it some hand spins. Pop, pop, pop. We have spark!

Then I look for the starter cup and bellville washer. Hmmm. Not here. Must have missed picking that up. Onward.

Flattened head on sandpaper on glass. Took some work to get it flat. Loosely put the head on, after cleaning the bolts, and put a new Autolite plug in it.

Grabbed the fuel pump and found a major issue. BTW, this is a mechanical fuel pump that runs off the intake lobe on the cam.

I probably spent an hour looking online for any info on that fuel pump and didn't find anything other that the best thing to do was make a flat blockoff plate and run a pulse pump. I don't play that homie...

Took the screws off, lifted the housing, and the main diaphragm looks fine, but the two check valves are hosed. The whole suction valve was no longer seated, and the discharge valve had it's diaphragm halfway into the main diaphragm chamber. I pulled it out and it looks like a potato chip instead of flat like it should be. I have it in my smooth vise with some pressure on it. Hopefully it will flatten out. I am betting that since it has been in that pump like that for untold years, it won't flatten out, but we will see. Cleaned out the suction valve and reseated it in the pump body. Pump should be ready to get closed up if that diaphragm will flatten out. I don't have any other rubber like it. approx 1/16"-3/32" thick with fiber reinforcement.

So while waiting for that diaphragm, I pulled out the brand new carb he bought. Generic copy of an H60 carb. Hmmm. Where is the original one? Anyway linkage is now the question. There is one rod that matches my H60, but there are some other parts that don't look original.

So thats where we sit.

Does anyone have a diagram or pic of the carb linkage for an H60 in this gote? I have looked around tote-goat land and other sites, but I can't find a closeup.

Also, this motor has a tag that says SBH-154A, besides the standard tag on the shroud. Is this a Tecumseh remanufactured engine? I did find a few parts breakdowns for the SBH-154A, but none of them show the fuel pump or the carb linkage.

Last edited: