Happy and sad minibike story

Been searching for a K&S Roadrunner or Hornet for a while now. Found one in Tippycanoenm's photo gallery and sent a pm. Tippycanoenm was awesome to deal with, accepted my offer, packed, it up and shipped it asap. Great deal all around. It is a project bike needing TLC, serious elbow grease, and lots of parts (its pretty much frame and fork). Very positive deal with tippy staying in constant contact. That's the happy part.
The sad part -While just sort of randomly searching Craig's List in different cities under "minibike" I come across a perfect Hornet, all the parts, on a 1-10 scale this a working high 81/2 maybe a 9 for $200. Contact the owner by text, is bike sold yet? Texts back immediately "Nope". Write back I am looking for one of these, have two of these in parts, very interested. Writing from Florida, this is not a CL scam, very interested in bike.... That was the last I heard. I am sure if you are not a certified minibike guy who understands our searches,but just some guy in another state trying to sell a minibike, warning bells went off and I came across as a total scammer. I will call the guy today, but I am sure that offering more than the $200 to pay for shipping with a postal money order sounds even more like some Nigerian scam to a guy on Craig's List where it even says at the bottom of the page : Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram).
Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers.
Sad, on the OldMiniBikes the bike would have been gone in minutes. Driving four states away for a minibike is not really feasible for my work schedule, marriage and the gas money.

Scottessey

Out of state buys can be tough. Many sellers would rather answer the email from the guy that can pick it up right away. That's where it helps to have an OldMiniBikes friend run the errand for you.

I also have a Hornet in parts. Let me know what you need for yours. I may have it.

that is always the way it goes rr........wish mine had been more complete but i think you will be happy once you open that box........hoping it comes today........:doah::scooter: and guys........roadrunner is fairly new around here and my dealings with him has been awesome......a man of his word and very easy to work with.......:thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer. I was searching CL near Dallas/Ft Worth because the bikes were made there, so I just thought I would get lucky and find one. I did just south of Ft Worth in Cedar Hill, but my phone message and texts have gone unheeded.