Harbor Freight clones, any good?

zook94

My story.

I sent my Father in Law to Harbor Freight for a honda clone engine. I understand that there are two different engines, but don't know the difference. I can't tell any difference in the two, except that the cheaper one is not available for sale in California.

So, I finally break down and send him to the store to buy an engine. I had seen them advertised at $99 somewhere on the internet. Father in Law goes to Harbor Freight, and pulls out his weekly mail flyer. Tears out the 20% off coupon. The manager had to get involved, because TECHNICALLY when they advertise on the internet, its sold as a coupon deal. The manager figured out on the system how to run the engine through at the $99 price, AND gave the 20% coupon. This is the 66015 engine, the more expensive one!

The picture of the receipt:

So, total engine cost is $79. + tax. Worth it?

they're good engines and that's a good price.

it doesn't matter that it's more expensive. they're the same engine just one is CARB certified.

awesome price, and all that CARB stuff comes rite off its just some hoses going from the gas tank and carb into a little fillter box it wont hurt power and it unbolts in minutes

ncpi

My story.

I sent my Father in Law to Harbor Freight for a honda clone engine. I understand that there are two different engines, but don't know the difference. I can't tell any difference in the two, except that the cheaper one is not available for sale in California.

So, I finally break down and send him to the store to buy an engine. I had seen them advertised at $99 somewhere on the internet. Father in Law goes to Harbor Freight, and pulls out his weekly mail flyer. Tears out the 20% off coupon. The manager had to get involved, because TECHNICALLY when they advertise on the internet, its sold as a coupon deal. The manager figured out on the system how to run the engine through at the $99 price, AND gave the 20% coupon. This is the 66015 engine, the more expensive one!

The picture of the receipt:

So, total engine cost is $79. + tax. Worth it?
You got a great deal! The 66015 is the non-california model.

vette66_00

The C.A.R.B. one has a different gas recirculation system (same carb) and a CAT mounted on the exhaust. But DUDE you got a hell of a deal for sure...