Hd tires

MrKen

Has anyone upgraded the standard tires to something that has a higher weight rating? The stock tires are rated at 165lbs. With me and the pack I sometimes carry I am way obver that. Looking at the way the rear tire is attached, it will be a major pain to fix a flat. Any suggestions? or maybe somewhere to purchase upgrades?
Thanks, ken

it will be fine, i'm close to 260lbs and haven't had an issue. i'm also running around 30psi in mine which is way over what it says.

Ya what he said. I was all worried about stuff in the beginning too. Tire pressure, weight, etc. I am 185lbs and run my stock tires at 20lbs. No issues whatsoever. In fact when i ran them at recommended pressure, I wore the crap out of them fast! :doah:

I am 185lbs and run my stock tires at 20lbs. No issues whatsoever. In fact when i ran them at recommended pressure, I wore the crap out of them fast! :doah:
i wonder if mine have lasted so long because i have the pressure way up there. i've read about some of them only lasting a few hours of riding and mine have a lot more than that on them (plus lots of burnouts).

vette66_00

i wonder if mine have lasted so long because i have the pressure way up there. i've read about some of them only lasting a few hours of riding and mine have a lot more than that on them (plus lots of burnouts).
It got to be true I read it on the entronet.

But seriously, I think so I run mine at 30 psi and have done my fair share of burn outs. Still have 75% or more tread left and have 40+ hours on it.