Heald Hauler Redo

GB,
Thanks for asking. Yes, I have made progress. I actually got the bed back from paint yesterday. I applied a bed liner spray can coat to the inside of the bed. I have the engine mounted, all welding fab work completed. I can take some pictures of the parts I have prepped if you like but now just waiting for final assembly. Currently, I am waiting on a parts order from PowerTec which include Hand controls(Throttle/Brake), drive Belt, cables, brake line, etc.
VT2

Ron at powertech,, We will never see this level of product support ever again! These guys seen the minibike dayz! I could have bought a lot of parts elsewhere on-line! The opportunity to mail -order payment and talk to the guy that engineered this trike? priceless

GB,

Thanks for asking. Got side tracked cutting firewood, fall planting, changed oil in all the equipment. I did buy a pellet stove, plumbed it into the shop and now have heat. So, I guess I don't have a good excuse not to finish the hauler this winter!

I do have some progress to report. I have the majority of the parts for the throttle and the brake lines to connect the motorcycle caliper. Just need to fire up some heat in the shop and spend some quality time connecting the parts. I promise to take some new pictures soon.

VT2

toomanytoys

The pellet stove are fantastic! I heat my cabin with one. Below zero out and I have to leave the door open a few inches to keep it from shooting over 75 degrees in there.

Hi VT2, the Hauler looks great I like it, have you had a chance to dive it yet? I know you posted this but what engine did you install?

GB,

I have been driving it for a few days now. Only had a couple of bolts come loose but shaking out the bugs. I put a Predator 420cc engine I bought from Harbor Freight. Seems to have good power. It needs some tweaking yet to dial in the RPM to match the Comet clutch. How is your Hauler?

VT2

Hi VT2, my hauler is doing good mine has the 11 hp B&S and the old flo-jet carb was giving fits so last year I bought a new aftermarket carb and installed it that helped but it seemed to start hard so this summer got a better battery installed and that made a big improvement but I have not used it as much as I use to but wouldn't part with it. Good to hear the Predator is working out good, does it have a charging system to keep the batter up?
GB in MN

Yes, it has a 3 Amp charging system which seems to keep the battery charged. I want to add lights. Maybe some LED headlight and taillight. Does yours have lights and if so what kind of lights?

Hi VT2, sorry for the late reply, got busy and didn't check in, yes mine has lights it has the factory lighting system, the B&S has what they call a dual alternator half of it is rectified to produce 3 amps DC and the other half is AC used for the lights it works pretty good. Did you go with the LED lights?
On another note I sold my VT5 trail Bronc and the VT7 Super Bronc the buyer came by in Sept and picked them up so I'm down to a Hauler and a Super Tryke, just as well I hadn't had the Broncs out for about 5 yrs but I use the S Tryke and Hauler all the time in the summer.
GB in MN