Hello from new guy

Hi from Selma, CA.
i'm new to the whole minibike community....(been consumed with Jeeps) what a great hobby. I'm re-building a Norhtern Tools minibike kit for my step-son. He rode it around with an old B@S 2.5 motor for a while, and now we've decided he needed more power. PHASE TWO BUILD: Got in on a Habor Freight sidewalk sell and picked up a 6.5hp (thus the user name) for $90 and immediately started moding it with him. He's (12 yr old) doing the work for the most part I'm looking over his shoulder. Engine has not even been fired yet.

So far:
Removed the governor
Two stage header
High flow intake
18# valve springs
fuel pump w/pulse fitting on the valve cover
did the ole every-other fin removal
index'd the plug
mounted a .5 gal remote gas tank
can't remember what clutch it is but it seems to be a better one than the 2.5 build had.

And:
Painted the whole shmeel 'Monster Energy' theme with decals.

We should be ready to fire it over the coming weekend.

Chain guard and foot peg mods are in the works still.

Anyway....looking forward to learning as I go.

Sounds bitchin.
Please post pics.
Monster energy kicks a$$!
They just happen to sponsor my girlfriend Sarah Burke...
She is babe-o-licious :smile:

i'm not to good with the tech-no-logy but i'll try and post pics got some on my cell phone but they are kinda blury....stupid shakey handed camera operator....oh!..that's me.

gotta read up on the posting pics thread then i'll try it.

Welcome! This is a great site.

Sounds like a great project.

Maybe too much "'Monster Energy" = "shakey handed camera operator". That stuff sure makes me a little twitchy. :laugh:

fast tote goat, lemoore is close for me and i've never heard of the races at Plaza Park....don't even know where that is. I'll gps it and try and make it down there cause that would really get my step-son amp'd up about trying it. I sure there's age and class requirements but it would be something I'm interested in for him.

Check out the Events section on this forum, it's Central Valley race #2 Vialia Plaza Park, Plaza Park is right beside the holiday inn on Plaza Drive in visalia, the age requirement is 10 years old.