Help drilling out the jet on a 2.8hp

What size drill bit should I use to drill out the idle jet on a baja 2.8hp? also what size drill bit should I use to drill out the main jet? (I have a header and a custom air intake on the engine). :grind:

What size drill bit should I use to drill out the idle jet on a baja 2.8hp? also what size drill bit should I use to drill out the main jet? (I have a header and a custom air intake on the engine). :grind:
Get the largest hammer you can find.

Smash the engine into small manageble bite sized bits.

Removed small bits and install new engine from HF.
Do this next month and you can buy a Preditor 7HP......

Oh bugger Clayton you live here in Saskatchewan......
Go to Princess Auto and complain wildly that you need a powerfist 7HP engine for you presure washer to 3 inch trash pump.
DO NOT take no for an answere........
Trying like a bugger to get that to work here in Ontario so far no good.

Next great leap forward in mini bikes powered by clones is the 212cc Loncin.
Wait untill you see the quality of the casting and the bore just screams 72mm Wiseco flat top with a ARC long rod.

Net result will be a killer 11.8:1 compression clone with an 18 cc head.
Finaly we are getting close to something that will clean its teeth with a World Formula brigs

Last edited:
I know, I know! I have a clone on one of my bikes already, and yes they are great. I am in the process of getting an old briggs 5hp running for my db30, but in the mean time I wanna get as much as I can outa that 2.8hp.

So, IF YOUR ONLY ADVICE IS TO "GET A CLONE" THEN DON'T BOTHER POSTING ON THIS THREAD!!! :mad2:

Sorry for my outburst, but yes I will try begging for a 7hp, just I really just wanna drill the jets out and see what happens. Plus this would be my first time doing this, and I may aswell do it on a motor that aint worth nothin'. :scooter:

I think I'd just go with a nitrous kit on my 2.8.......ZZZIP......BANG

These engines really are small and I cant see anyone doing any more to them than making them run as good as possible for a 2.8 sized engine to run and leave it at that.
So fine tuning for optimum performance is fine but nothing beyond that.(start easy, run smooth-make sure it hits the right RPM's)