Help please

I really know nothing about rebuilding these engines(or engines in general), so I could be way outta line with this, but to me if an engine is said to have a 68mm piston, and it's measuring to 67.75, I would have to assume that it's a 68mm that's just been rounded up.

But that is just a guess and nothing more, there are much more qualified people then me that can probably answer you.

JMV

I really know nothing about rebuilding these engines(or engines in general), so I could be way outta line with this, but to me if an engine is said to have a 68mm piston, and it's measuring to 67.75, I would have to assume that it's a 68mm that's just been rounded up.

But that is just a guess and nothing more, there are much more qualified people then me that can probably answer you.
Thanks for your reply It most definitely is not 68mm. I have a new 68mm piston I have for another engine and it too large to fit in the bore. I’m really having a hard time finding out what will fit this engine

SAS289

Another thing you may want to look at is to make sure the blower housing sticker matches the block. Look at the numbers etched on the block. You should see 168 there meaning a 68mm bore.

Here's an example from my 196 Greyhound also made by Lifan.

20231123_094330.jpg

panchothedog

If you really have an odd ball engine and can't find a odd ball piston and ring
set to fit, you could have the block bored to a standard size. You could also just sh#t can the engine and buy a new one. Might be cheaper in the long run.

Triley41395

I'm not sure how much difference there is supposed to be between the bore and piston but looking at your dimensions you have 67.75mm for the bore and 67.5mm for the piston. That's a .25mm difference.
.25÷25.4= .0098 difference. The piston will fit that bore according to what you measured. Is .010 clearance enough, I don't know because I am not an engine guy.

SAS289

Measuring the piston size is what is causing the confusion. If you go anywhere and look at the description for a piston it's not going to give you the size of the piston. Here's an example from ARC racing "Standard, stock size piston for the GX200/Clone 196cc engines. 68mm bore"

And yes around 67.75mm for the stock 196 piston. I measured one. First time I ever measured the size of a piston.

Figure out what 196 piston you want to use and continue.