Hemi Head Mamba Cam Issues!?!?

Building a Hemi Head predator, first time using a Black Mamba cam, and the lobe is hitting the crankshaft. It's a GX200-Hemi cam so not sure what the issue is! Had a few barley pops looking it over and over again, and can't figure this out. Any help would be great!!!!

Thanks for the reference minibikin, read through the forum and mine is the grind hitting the crankshaft, not the side. [emoji20]

It's not even close.

Almost all of the cams I've installed in the predator motors I've built lately have hit the crankshaft. I've had to take the crank out and grind the flashing and contour the end a bit to get the cams to clear.

I should elaborate. China made. Tolerances are all over the place. From deck height to clearances. Check them all and clearance as necessary...

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

I'm having the exact same issue, Exhaust lobe is hitting the top of crank to...... What all did u do s far as grinding the crank??? Does that change the balance of the crankshaft??

Yes the Chinese engineered it to use a stock cam lol.

Last engine I built I ground a lot of the crank, its not big deal as long as you are not trying to lighten it or do something silly too it that weakens the forging.

I even used to paint them....
After an acid wash to clean the pors of the steel I would paint them several times with a sanding in between until the surface was smooth and slick

Last edited:
I'm having the exact same issue, Exhaust lobe is hitting the top of crank to...... What all did u do s far as grinding the crank??? Does that change the balance of the crankshaft??
I use my dremel tool with a sanding barrel on it. You don't need to remove a lot of material so balance shouldn't be a problem.

i second what he said^ and the other guy saying it only needs a "little" bit ground off. literally a little. i mean grab your feeler gauge or picture about .50 and thats all you need to take off,maybe less that was just a guesstimate.

picture about .50 and thats all you need to take off
I think you mean... .050... Not .50.. that's a half inch... Looks like made I that post. You should see all the fat fingered mistakes I make typing. Takes a couple of minutes for me to correct the spelling......

I think you mean... .050... Not .50.. that's a half inch... Looks like made I that post. You should see all the fat fingered mistakes I make typing. Takes a couple of minutes for me to correct the spelling......
oops.Yes i meant .050 . i hope noone ground off half an inch .

Thanks for the help everyone!!! Only took a little grinding with a dremel sanding drum to get it to clear.

It's hard to see, but it clears now. [emoji1303][emoji482]