Here's pictures of my Mongomery Ward T555!!!

Here's the pictures.... I think I'll be making a copy of this trike! I need to get the driven pulley,jack shaft,jack shaft mounts,and belt. It came with the wacky looking home made engine cage with custom made "kink" bends. The pictures show it with and without the cage. I felt MUCH better after I removed the cage!

Last edited:
Hello Joetrike : I like that name and it say's your from Northern Nevada so a place to ride should be easy to find. And you do take nice pictures id what we want to see. Nice to see a Wards trike wit the chain guard still in tact too. I was unaware that the jack shaft was a bolt on affair. that should make it easy enough to fab up given the right dimensions.
Steve :scooter:

Joetrike : From the pictures of your trike you will need a Comet 30 series driven unit as for the belt you need that would need to be determined after you have your jack shaft installed. Your system would be called a asymmetrical system and they have a belt that is made for use in one direction. They sell the Comet driven 30 series units in 6 inch and 7 inch diameter. most manufactures used the 6 inch that would offer a 2.98 to 1 primary ratio and the 7 inch driven would supply a lower 2.79 riot. They both come with 5/8 or 3/4 inch bore.
I don't have pictures or information on the T555 my trike has a different frame .

Here's the pictures.... I think I'll be making a copy of this trike! I need to get the driven pulley,jack shaft,jack shaft mounts,and belt. It came with the wacky looking home made engine cage with custom made "kink" bends. The pictures show it with and without the cage. I felt MUCH better after I removed the cage!

Thanks for posting those picks . I have one of these at my house rotting away in my back yard .its still in good shape .just need front fork new tires and seat . Thanks again might end up restoring it.:thumbsup:

Hi Joetrike: About your torque converter on the Briggs engine I would like to make sure if it is a 20 or 30 series unit. 20 series have shive half's with equal taper of 13 degrees for a total of 26 degree collective angle . Where 30 series shives are different as one side is almost flat only 2.5 degrees and that series is the asymmetrical type.

Hi Joetrike: About your torque converter on the Briggs engine I would like to make sure if it is a 20 or 30 series unit. 20 series have shive half's with equal taper of 13 degrees for a total of 26 degree collective angle . Where 30 series shives are different as one side is almost flat only 2.5 degrees and that series is the asymmetrical type.
Steve,it is definitely symetrical (both sides the same). Its definitely NOT Asymetrical. I've had TAV2 units before,and I'm aware of what you speak of. I'm pretty sure its a comet 20 series with 5/8" width belt.Its a bummer its missing the jack shaft,and will probably be alot of trouble finding the correct parts,but I'll get her running for the summer,because my wife said she wants to go out in the desert with it.

this causes a problem (only one T555),so I will be.........Making a copy of this one in the next couple of weeks. I do have a JD2 model 3 bender that I converted to air over hydraulic,Mig,Tig,Mill,and Lathe,etc. I'm also good at upholsery,so I will be making a replica seat cover too. The one I'll build will be "Sun Yellow" and "Black". Rear tires will either be Carlisle AT101's,or Kenda 472's...the closest thing I could find to the original carlisles. Engine? ...open for options.

As for the T555,I wish somebody would let me copy their mounts (mail them to me...I mail them back),and I'll even offer a deposit. I would only need a few days. Anybody out there?

Hi joetrike : The T555 can be improved on and most people never have a need to take the front end section off so a 1 piece main tube simplifies some of that and by adding rockers to the front end and a air of shocks it will add to the comfort. You should check with Yellowhand he had a bunch of NOS Peerless differentials at great prices.
For an engine I would push the limit on the comet to the 8 HP and most adult riders never run out of need for more power.