Hhm80

paxson

How do you adjust the carb on a HHM80. I just purchased this motor on a bulldog 3 wheeler and the guy had put a new carb. on it, but he said he couldn't get it running for more than about 30 sec. I brought it home and removed fuel bowl and cleaned all the slime etc. out of it. The gas tank was also full of nasties. With new fuel and everything cleaned up it started but ran like crap. I removed the black plastic cap off adjuster and screwed in till seated then backed it off about a full turn before it idled right. I put cap back on and still runs a little rough. Are there any other adjustments besides that and making sure the jet in the bottom of the fuel bowl is clean?

Hello there
yes make sure all jets are clean and the gaskets are sealing right
sometimes you also need to clean it more than once if its real bad
soaking it in gas would help with cleaning the carb throughly just keep messing with the jets till you get it running right sometimes every carb is diffrent when adjusting it to your liking
:scooter:

Hello there
yes make sure all jets are clean and the gaskets are sealing right
sometimes you also need to clean it more than once if its real bad
soaking it in gas would help with cleaning the carb throughly just keep messing with the jets till you get it running right sometimes every carb is diffrent when adjusting it to your liking
:scooter:
Yep several times if needed. I have a dentist pic that I use, works good for this
Compressed air to blow them out good too.

Rocco

paxson

Thanks , thats kinda what I figured. I was just making sure there weren't any tricks to them or anything else. I have a driven clutch ordered now so I'm getting closer to see it move.