Hison 196ccc/Clone question

I got the stock linkage working good now. Bent a new wire piece (got rid of those little collars in the pic) and added a spring underneath the linkage that goes back to the tank bracket. Works very good now. I still might order that $10 kit that eliminates the linkage all together.

I test drove a little in my pole building this afternoon, runs pretty good. I'm debating about the cam options. I spoke to another guy with about the same mods and he's getting around 8000rpms?

Last edited:
Is that 8K with a TAV on a coleman? ON the difference between the CS and CL1 high torque... The CS grind I found on the dyno cams web page looks like a good cam. The specs of the one I was looking at are .265 lift intake and exhaust with 225/236 duration and a 108 LSA ground straight up. Spins to 7K with 18 LB springs. Would totally work with the parts you have. I would recommend a larger carb with this more so than I would with the CL1 high torque due to its even grater demand for air flow at higher RPMs. This will sacrifice some low end compared to the CL1 but have much better top end. I would find a speed calculator and figure out what theoretical speed would be at both 5,500K and 7,000K both with the gearing you have now and if you changed gearing before making a decision on cams. Something to also know about cams is that usually they don't make peak HP at the max RPM. Usually it is about 500 RPM below the peak rated RPM so if you are wanting max HP at say 5,500 I would pick a cam that maxes out at 6K. Other things can effect the RPM range of the cam but to keep things simple and short this is what I recommend. Pick a realistic top speed you want out of your bike, figure out the gearing you are going to use and pick a cam that is rated at or 500 RPM above it. I am going to be running a cam that spins to 5,500 with a TAV and a 60 tooth rear and am expecting to be able to hit about 50 on my mini if I can hit 5,500. My goal is 40 as this is plenty fast but am pretty sure it will hit 50 when finished.

Last edited:
Not sure on the speed, need to get some good weather and gps it. I like the torquiness of the CL1 high torque cam.

I do have an extra engine riser weldment. I had two lasered from 11ga stainless steel and welded. One I painted red and the other I left bare stainless. I have the red one available if you want it.

Not sure on the speed, need to get some good weather and gps it. I like the torquiness of the CL1 high torque cam.

I do have an extra engine riser weldment. I had two lasered from 11ga stainless steel and welded. One I painted red and the other I left bare stainless. I have the red one available if you want it.
any update on the cams performance....im looking into getting a cam for my clone.