HM80 rebuild questions

I have a couple questions about the hm80.

First one, how do you get this out?

I don't have a valve spring compressor and need to acess the springs.

second, I can pull all this stuff out right

and the pics

ewwww

Okay so I figured those thwo out.

For those wondering, the first pic with the crank vent, it was just gummed full of crap, so I couldn't see the seperation lines. A flat head fixed that.

Second, Yes, its all the governor crap.

HUGE intake valve comparedto the exhaust

Okay I have a couple more.

First is cam related, is this the timing key? and if so, whats with the spring, is it adjustable/self adjusting?

Second, is this normal for an intake under the valve? It looks like crap,the valve isn't damaged at all.

Third is performance related. Anyone know if this is the stock rod? It is light as shit. Like itsmade of peuter or some shit. I could take measurments but was wondering if anyone knew of a billet rod for the HM80.

The cylinder seems to still have the origional hone marks

Also wondering about stiffer valve springs. Basically, i'm a noob to small engines but not to engines in general. I have an 11 second Volvo, but these are new to me and I want to do things right.Just looking for anything I can do to this without spending a fortune. Goals are a reliable 7500 rpm and around 12hp. Nothing huge.

Last and most important question, billet flywheel. Am I going to have to get one machined for me, or would lets say a clone billet wheel fit if my shaft was the same. And i'm thinking about ordering a tilly HL-360A, thats fine with the stock cam eh? Sorry again im a noob, just looking for some direction or something to read:laugh:

cheers fella's any help is appreciated. And the rest of the pics for those curious

The spring thing on the cam is a compression release. it bleeds of a little cylinder pressure off when starting, usually once the engine is running centrifugal force takes over and it deactivates. As far as a billet flywheel goes, I think a tecumseh star flywheel might fit your engine? I am not 100% sure but you should look into it. If it does fit, you can get a flywheel from vke motorsports or arc racing. There are some aftermarket parts available for your engine sometimes you have to get creative. good luck