homemade snowmobile

That is incredibly cool! I have a set of knobbies with screws from the inside out, an entire roll of duct tape between the two lining the inside and heavy tubes for winter riding but I aint got nothing on that wicked machine!:thumbsup:

That is incredibly cool! I have a set of knobbies with screws from the inside out, an entire roll of duct tape between the two lining the inside and heavy tubes for winter riding but I aint got nothing on that wicked machine!:thumbsup:
super,i wish i had nabors close by that could help build stuff like in the
videos neat ! :thumbsup::smile:

I built that! It was a thought i had after seeing another one on minidoodle. I think a couple companies made bikes that had tracks too. This one in the video only had a 4hp honda and tav, the track is from a sears snowblower and the frame is a trail horse. I made the ski's from regular downhill ski's i got at a garage sale. It was a fun bike but kind of under powered. I am gonna build another one this winter for sure. I plan on using a clone with a lighting coil for a headlight and i have a bigger track from another bigger snowblower and i am not sure aht frame yet? I was thinking about a harrison wildcat? or actually i have a nice bonanza i might use?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGa-QYVFSz0

Last edited:
That is too frickin cool.

Chrysler built something similar back in the 70's called the Snow Runner. First picture is a prototype. Second picture is a excellent example of one.

I built that! It was a thought i had after seeing another one on minidoodle. I think a couple companies made bikes that had tracks too. This one in the video only had a 4hp honda and tav, the track is from a sears snowblower and the frame is a trail horse. I made the ski's from regular downhill ski's i got at a garage sale. It was a fun bike but kind of under powered. I am gonna build another one this winter for sure. I plan on using a clone with a lighting coil for a headlight and i have a bigger track from another bigger snowblower and i am not sure aht frame yet? I was thinking about a harrison wildcat? or actually i have a nice bonanza i might use?

delray

heres couple differnet track sizes to look for. they came on alot of different brands,but most of them i see off of sears units.

mock up one last winter with a big track on a Montgomery Ward / Gilson bike with a hs 5hp motor. still need to get s ski for it. that will be easy to do.

Thats the same treads i have. The smaller one is what i used on the one in the video. and the larger one is what i have now and is going on the new one. The only problem was you really have to be sitting over the tread to get grip. So putting it way back wont work.