Honda Clone Carb Dilemma

Demerest

I’m kinda new to the Honda Clone scene and I’m already frustrated with all the variations I’ve seen in the carbs. Different needle and floats, with and without idle mixture screws, etc. Now I put a spare one that I had on a mini bike and it runs great but when I tried to turn up the idle speed this is what I ran into. Really? Even if that brass thing is threaded there is no way to adjust it.

Attachments

I’m kinda new to the Honda Clone scene and I’m already frustrated with all the variations I’ve seen in the carbs. Different needle and floats, with and without idle mixture screws, etc. Now I put a spare one that I had on a mini bike and it runs great but when I tried to turn up the idle speed this is what I ran into. Really? Even if that brass thing is threaded there is no way to adjust it.
Get real carbs from real carb builders.

The "blueprinted stock air box carbs", and the "hot rod cheater stock" works great for stock engines.

The bored carbs for modified engine.

I've had really good luck with the Japan made, ruixing carbs, and the dyno red ducar 212cc carbs, they are also ruixing.

The SP and other China made carbs has a different shaped low speed jet and does not interchange with the Japan made carbs.

http://www.doverpoweronlinestore.com/carburetors__fuel_system.html

Demerest

So I came up with a workable solution with a little creativity and redneck ingenuity. I placed a blob of JB Weld on the throttle stop just enough to hold the throttle open so it will idle. I even got it right the first time. Works great. I think I probably will just order a Tilliotson carb in the future.