Honda ct70 trail

Hello I picked up this ct70 and don't know much about them. I was trying to look up the #'s but became a little confused. Does anyone know what year and bike I have?

Those numbers fall in line with the '69-'71 models along with the color. Based off the number of the frame, I would guestimate a 1971 model year. Just my 2 cents.

Ok thanks I really appreciate it. It's missing a lot of stuff and seized motor. This will be a fun project. Hope it was worth the money I paid for it.

Thanks catfishman I'll have to check it out. I've been all over eBay and OldMiniBikes as well I'm surprised to see so much available

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

I paid $260. Is that reasonable? Based off other prices I've seen mine didn't seem too bad but not sure
Nice bike. That's a reasonable price depending on what's missing. You'll want to head over to lilhonda. That's a much better forum for this bike. There's also a couple of parts vendors who specialize in CT70 parts. DRATV and CHP Motorsports, among others.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thank you. I like it a lot and glad I made the choice to snag it up. I'll have to take a look at that forum. your help is much appreciated!

Good advice from ArticMinibike, you're in the ballpark for what you paid. It gets pricey restoring those if you need a lot of parts. Guys who ask huge money for the real nice ones, probably have huge money invested. Yours doesn't look to need a ton of parts, it could be fixed up moderately to become a nice rider. As said earlier, there are lots of sites dedicated to CT 70's. Have fun with your adventure, I had one when I was around 13, they're a blast to ride.

If you're not going for a 100pt showroom restore, you have tons of inexpensive replica or compatible parts options.

If you're going for OEM perfection, start emptying your pockets. You have a more common year, so that's good. I have a 1974, which was a one-off year with extra chrome, unique switches, super expensive exhaust, etc.. I blew through $2K in no time, and that was just sprucing things up on a 99% complete bike with all OEM parts. $15 here, $30 there adds up quick...that and the $125 chrome fork ears, $300 exhaust, $150 seat, etc.. :)

Those numbers fall in line with the '69-'71 models along with the color. Based off the number of the frame, I would guestimate a 1971 model year. Just my 2 cents.
I would agree with mrpat on the age. Too bad there's no "H" in that serial number, the coveted 4-speed manual.

Head over to lilhonda and register your new project. Within 24 hours you'll have a team of experts crawling out your wazoo offering their help. Hopefully the seized engine is minor.

nice bike hoss. that is probably a 70 or 71. i have one just like it. had it redone a year or so ago.
bikes of that era didn't have titles. the one i bought came with a receipt and the registration
card, that was enough for new york state to register it for road use. no title though.