Honda GXH50 with transmission

Up for sale is my very special modified Honda GXH50, equipped with a Grubee 4:1 belt drive transmission. I built this motor and trans for a micro bike, but (unfortunately) life has changed, so..........here goes: This is a brand new Honda motor that has been fitted with performance parts from Affordable Go Karts out of CA. These parts include Honda's big bore carburetor, a UNI filter and AFG's own outstanding, and proprietary, stainless throttle assembly. These are some of the parts AFG installs on their racing kart engines. These mods were made under the guidance of AFG's techs, and although this motor has yet to be fed gas and oil......meaning simply; never been run, we feel quite confident that it will perform surprisingly well. You should also notice, the valve cover, stainless throttle assembly, as well as the transmission plate have been highly polished. Reason for this was to provide a bit of "bling" for the little show bike I originally had in mind.
I should mention, this transmission is basically designed for a motorized bicycle application. That said, in choosing this concept, my thinking was; if this transmission was capable of tolerating the stresses associated with a full sized bicycle, then powering a little minibike should be no problem. It's actually quite rugged. As mentioned, the 4:1 belt gearing currently powers a 10 tooth drive sprocket for #41 chain. Anyone doing gear/speed calculations might want to consider, this motor probably wouldn't break too much of a sweat at 8000 RPM. With that in mind, we expect somewhere around 2000 at that drive sprocket would be somewhat reasonable. Notwithstanding jackshafts, (obviously) tire diameter and wheel sprocket size would determine the rest.
Some may wonder why I don't list this on the motorized bicycle site. Answer is, I'm a minibike guy. That said, if I get no response, it will probably be my next option. Finally, although I have much more invested, I'm looking for $500.00 plus shipping from 03087. Thank you for looking.

Attachments

Sorry, please forgive me. I should have also mentioned: For anyone looking to restore this engine to new factory condition, I include all the original (and unmolested) engine parts, and manual, with this sale.

Lowering price to $450 with free shipping to lower 48 for any member. I have roughly $900 invested so would like to get at least half back if possible. I should have mentioned, the belt drive transmission on this motor has a 4:1 ratio; essentially resulting in a final sprocket drive of around 1800 plus RPM at full throttle. Thank you again for looking.

Last edited: