How big a rear sprocket

How big a rear sprocket can I run on a stock doodlebug rear tire and wheel ? Looking for more gear without jackshaft. At what point does ground clearance become a problem ?

jackshaft seems like less of a headache, really. It's only $100, and you can swap the gearing quickly and easily after installing it. What happens if you buy the 75t and are disappointed? Go for the 72t? 70t?

Motovox comes OEM with 75 tooth, at least that's what my neighbor's new one has. I have the OMWarehouse sprocket adapter and have tried 75 to 80 teeth. On dirt, you can get by with 80, but it will bottom out.

Where do you ride? If mainly paved, then consider pocket bike tires. They have 39" rollout, which is equivalent with 70 tooth to putting 77/78 tooth rear sprocket with OEM tires with 45" rollout.

IMO 75/ 76 will work the best, give you the least trouble.

Jackshaft is very cool, I have that too.

Doodlebug Sprocket Adapter (#3)

OK I'll throw my love for the jackshaft out there as well. 2 bikes. One a 97cc doodle. One a clone. The little bike tops out at 31,not bad for the little 97cc. Why did I choose a jackshaft for the clone? Easier gear changes, and cheaper. I want chains as short as I can make them. The motor has spun 6400rpm so far. The chain is flying. Short chains stretch less, deflect less, and should be safer. There's also something about running gear reduction or opposite there of. I like the way they wind up. I have another bike that has a long chain. It's thrown the chain twice, and eaten one guide roller. This bike is a recent billet overhaul project and I'll be watching the chain for sure.