How do I get more out of my 6.5hp B&S Coleman CT200U

Just picked up my first mini bike in more that 30 years and looking to see how I can get more out of the 6.5hp

Cool little bike but I know there has to be a way to make it better!!

Thanks

There are a BUTTLOAD of aftermarket racing parts for the 6.5's.. You can even change out the crank, do some machining, get a short rod and make a stroker motor out of it..

I'd just throw a billet rod and hopped up cam, stronger push rods, better carb and pipe..

Theres lots of stuff you can get for them pretty cheap, as many people run them.. Briggs even builds a factory racing engine from this platform World Formula..

I tried searching for the Coleman CT200U and there are very limited threads on it. Is this machine the same as something else that I can get more info on?

I also do not really see a lot of info here about the 6.5 either.

Thanks

toomanytoys

The motor is not specific to the bike. I suspect there is a limited run of those Coleman branded bikes. I only seen them last year at Cabelas black Friday sale.

Just look for parts for a 6.5hp honda clone.

I would just search briggs and stratton 6.5... and world Formula.. WF... You can't find hop ups for a coleman 6.5 because it's not a coleman, it's a briggs..

joshua. c.

the Coleman CT200U came stock with preditor engines. so did you swap the engine or somthing? that dosn't look line a briggs from your picture. briggs use plastic tanks and have a different muffler if i had to gess id say thats a preditor engine. if that is a preditor engine there are lots of aftermarket racing parts for it.

Well gentleman I was only going off of what the brochure at Cabelas said so I could very well be very wrong. What further info do you all need and where can I find it? I can take pics and post those if that would help.

If you look here at page 29 of the owners manual you can see the specs on the motor.

CT200U Trail Mini Bike

Again I am very new to this stuff.

Thanks folks.

Ok, so searching the Predator motor that sure does look like the one I have. Everything I see says it is a 212cc motor, my manual says 196cc. Are there different ones?