How do I remove a pressure washer HUB from the Crank?

I have a B&S 5HP I/C that was powering a pressure washer pump. Pump went bad early on. Today I removed the engine from the pressure washer cart & pulled the pump off.

There is a piece that I will call a hub on the output shaft that needs to be removed. (See pic below) Anyone know how to remove this piece?

Can anyone tell me whether or not I have one of the large bearing or small bearing I/C engines?

Thanks
~JM~

cut the crank. the tapered shaft won't work with a clutch unless you plan on modifying it somehow.

is the tapered part actually part of the crank? i just checked the pic again and it almost looks too nice to be part of it.

A 2 jaw puller would work, kind of like a steering wheel puller. Maybe you can borrow one from an auto zone. It doesn't look to be a tapered shaft engine, it looks like the tapered part will come off with the rest of it.

I had the same problem, and a high RPM air powered cutoff wheel (one of the 3" ones) does the trick VERY good, and doesen't put any stress on the crank or the block at all!