How much RPM will an AGK .265 cam produce?

I think I was sent the wrong cam (in my favor) from AGK. the engine is all put together so I dont feel like taking it apart to measure. I bought a .265 cam and the box they sent me says "CLONE 275" on it, along with the specs sheet. I have it running with 26 lb springs. With no clutch on it, it free revved to 8100, and then i backed off. Would a .265 cam rev that high or do you think they really sent the wrong cam? thanks

I hit 6200 as a record, but know it can go much more. I just threw on a 390 carburetor and I am tuning it right now. Once I get some more parts, I will run this cam as far as it will go... until I get a better one, once my system is blow-up proof. Remember, the simple 265 cam (236in/ex) does not really pull until about 3,000. It still has a lot of low end though, even better than stock IMO.

I hit 6200 as a record, but know it can go much more. I just threw on a 390 carburetor and I am tuning it right now. Once I get some more parts, I will run this cam as far as it will go... until I get a better one, once my system is blow-up proof. Remember, the simple 265 cam (236in/ex) does not really pull until about 3,000. It still has a lot of low end though, even better than stock IMO.
Nice! I know when I added a 22mm Mikuni it added a great deal of power :thumbsup: let me know how much rpm you get with it billet proof :scooter:

If you think the Mikuni woke it up you should try a Tilly. I had all same parts just went from a Mikuni to a Tilly and let me tell ya it was night and day difference.

Sorry didnt specify I went from a Mikuni 22mm from AGK to a Tillotson 334wx.
Seemed like every time I tried to re-jet the Mikuni it either ran worse or wouldn't hold an idle. Also leaked at WOT

It didn't make sense side by side because the Mikuni had a larger opening at WOT than the 334wx Venturi but there is no comparison in the way they made the engine pull.

Last edited:
Mine is running pretty well right now, knock on wood. Is that a gas carb? How much did you pay for it? I have heard that the tillys dont idle very well or be constant at slower speeds. Is that correct? I have a normal max torque clutch so I cant have it at a crazy high rpm at idle

You can get it either way but yes mine is a gas carb. All together was $2xx which is pricey but that's the whole setup Carb/Intake/Adaptor/Filter/linkage & hardware. Yeah mine doesnt like to idle very much and not much of a cruise around carb but at WOT it really shines.

I have just a cheap junker clutch and keep the idle down low, just have to give it a blip every now and then to keep her goin.