how old are you?

This thread is about to go off the front page and there still are lots of people out there who have not responded to this question. Sure the check is in the mail every month just like clockwork. Someone has to step up to the mark and let me off the big hook I can't be the oldest collector of Mini Bikes on this forum .
Social Security Steve :scooter:

Steve, I wish I could accomodate ya but I'm "only" 57.

I grew up in Brooklyn, NY which was all cement and asphalt and no place nearby to "legally" ride. I was always jealous of everyone who had a farm or a country home where they rode horses, Go Carts and Mini's.

I did have a Mini for a little while and will never forget a friend of mine who rode it, forgot where the brake was, panicked and put his feet down then had his foot get caught in a sewer cover which pulled him off the bike, and of course he held on so he opened the throttle more.

Good thing there was a fence at the end of our block (dead end street)......lol

Now I'm living in Pittsburgh, have a 70's Sears mini I bought approx. 17 years ago that needs a motor and a brand new Doodlebug. Thanks to all you, I am having a ball with my grandson and so are my Daughter, Son and Future Son-In-Law (whose mom never let him do anything dangerous, and at 30 is grinning as much as the grandson!).

I still need that farm or couple acres though to really enjoy things!

Will

Last edited:
Good time like this bring family's close together and I know my Dad did not have the means to lets us have the toys other kids had . So when I bought my own Mini Bike store and he was a big part of that and I never looked back and still have the hunger to ride and enjoy the freedom . Good luck in finding a motor for your mini Bike it will happen.
Steve :scooter:

I'm 51. My dad got me a used Lil Indian when I was about 9 years old, and I've been riding and racing ever since. I'm also a fairly avid bicyclist-I like just about anything w/2 wheels. Never say never, but I don't see myself owning a motorcycle with a trailer hitch, a flag, or a teddy bear zip-tied to the sissy bar.

Current rides include at least the following, but there might be others I've forgotten. About half were bought new. All run, except the '72 Ducati (broken connecting rod, it will run again), the Rutttman (bought w/no engine), and the MGA (long-term project). The list changes from time to time, but never seems to get shorter. I'm lucky to have a very understanding wife and to live in the Pacific NW, where there are lots of good roads, good race tracks and open public land. :thumbsup:

'07 Ducati GT 1000
'06 KTM 450 EXC - Supermoto kit and plated.
'02 Suzuki DRZ 400 - Dirt version, plated w/Baja Designs kit.
'98 Kawasaki KX 125 - Soon to be for sale.
'86 Yamaha SRX 600 - Bought new, pretty much stopped riding it at 20K miles.
'82 Honda CB 125 - Lucky find 10 yrs ago, 600 miles.
'80 Honda Express - Bought new, 3,200 miles.
'72 Ducati RT 450 - Bought in '84 on a used car lot & later modified for flat track. Raced in '88 AMA amateur dirt track nationals.
'60s Lil Indian - Bought it last spring, unrestored, not sure of exact model or year. It's just like the one I had when I was a kid.
'60s Ruttman - Rolling chassis, bought it last spring. Not sure why...
'62 MGA 1600 Mk II - Bought in '77 or '78 and drove it for a year.

Hey thats OK I don't want to rush anyone LOL It comes about all by it's self one day at a time . The Big trick is to pack in the fun and enjoying the simple things in life, like riding and racing even if it's just against the wind .
Tom S you should check out the Over the Bars Gang's web page they have a track up in Goldendale , Washington great place to ride .

I will be 64 in November on the 16 TH . It don't bug me at all being the oldest Goat in the pack as long as it's a Tote Gote pack or a Bonanza,Taco,Powell and all the rest it is my past and looks to be my future too.

Well through the power of the internet and a little looking around I have knowledge that I am not the oldest nut on the tree of life. One member who is older than me was born in October of 1941 and that made him almost 3 when I was born.
True this doesn't make me feel any younger LOL but it is what it is.
Unimportant who this member is and for sure he doesn't care.

27 Here and had a very rough shape rupp roadster 2 when I 16. Thats long gone and wish I would have kept it for parts. I now have a 72' rupp roadster 2 with dellorto thats almost restored and my super bronc which makes 2 minis for me. I want a 2nd super bronc lol. :thumbsup:

50 in October and i started playing with minibikes 2 years ago.New to site and this place is cool.HEALD VT-10,MANCO BIGCAT,WHIRLWIND,CT-110,CT-90 & one custom build so far.