how to put scooter motor on kart

You can still use a TAV on the 12 hp briggs. You need to get a 40 series Comet set. Yes, you don't get the nice mounting plate like on the lower numbered series, but I would think it was far easier to fab up a separate jackshaft assembly than to go through all the trouble of modding the scooter parts to the kart. Like others have said, 50cc's won't get you going very fast. If you want to use the kart for any offroading, you will likely burn up the TAV setup used by the scooter motor/transmission assembly.

Paul

Ill have to see what you are talking about,and what all it takes to complete.
man, its not rocket science.
imagine 2 pulleys, one on motor, one on jackshaft.
imagine a belt slightly to big but it gets tight when a tensioner pulley is applied to belt. in other words a hand or foot lever that lowers the tension pulley onto the belt to tighten the belt and make the cart go, when pulley is lifted up it makes the belt loose and cart stops, easy as pie.

This motor sure sounds good without a muffler, thinking about a Harley straight pipe. Not sure what size it really is tho, I was just told it's a 12hp Briggs. It has a glass bowl that gas enters before entering the carb. Any info on this motor? I cant find the 6 digit number on it only 5 digit 19/0/92 and then a "b" symbol.
That doesn't look like any 12hp Briggs I ever seen, to be honest it doesn't even look like a Briggs. Maybe its a Tec or a Kawi? Got any better pictures of the engine?

And if you could...Please try and spell/grammar check your post before you submit it. I fixed your above quote, try and make your posts like that... :thumbsup:

Thanks
Rick

All the scooter engines I've worked on all had a horizontal thru bolt mounting system where the engine hung off of the bolts, and like Dave said those 50cc engines are dogs! On the scooters they only get to 30MPH if that! like TX said You would be ahead of the game if you sold the scooter parts for cash, and with the extra cash from the sale you can buy a clutch for the Briggs. The added horsepower of the 12hp Briggs will surely make up for the lack of a torque-a-verter.
I don't know what 50CC you've been driving, but i just did a motor swap on a kids China whopper chopper scooter.. The original motor got ran down a dirt road with no air filter or anything... The chloride truck had JUST been down the road, DRENCHING THE ROAD in liquid salt, salt water.. :facepalm: Acid Bath Truck, I call them.. :glare:

SO his engine was toast.. :laugh:

Found the same damn motor in a junkyard on a bike that looks like it killed somebody.. I'd upload pics but I'm not spending 20 bucks on it.. :laugh:

Long story short, this junkyard wrecked pieces missing 50cc Honda Knockoff, bolted into kids thrashed out Honda knockoff moped would do about 50 miles per hour after I got the thing going and dialed in...

4 stroke, 50cc, torque converters..

Goes like a bitch... BY FAR the fastest 50 I have ever been on...

Faster than my Hodaka with H70 Tecumseh big block... :mellow:

It can be put on a gokart, but it would be a hell of a job.. If it runs sell it and buy something different...

Long story short, this junkyard wrecked pieces missing 50cc Honda Knockoff, bolted into kids thrashed out Honda knockoff moped would do about 50 miles per hour after I got the thing going and dialed in...

4 stroke, 50cc, torque converters.. ..
Original post said 50cc 2stroke scooter motor . Never seen any running around STOCK that would do 50 MPH. Not even in Japan where there are millions of the little bastards. 50KMH though. :thumbsup:

I guess it all comes down to "which" motor and how it's set up. Initially, I was thinking he was talking about a 30cc weed wacker deal, myself. :shrug:

Here's mine, Looks like the same frame as your clipper but shorter. I put an 8hp kohler (1" shaft) on it. Ran like a raped ape. Was tough squeezing into it and my knees were in my chest. Not designed for anyone over 5' tall.
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

My scooter does 41 its 49.5cc 2 stroke.thats after i adjusted it,did away with oil pump,added performance filter.them scooters will do 60,but you have to buy variator kit,and cdi kit,and other stuff.mines a vento,just like keeyway hurricane,they have torc and fast.i think ill keep it for another scoot i find.i sold the big kart today that i was riding just didnt like it.i had that motor running again today that briggs,i bet i could pull a wheely if i get a good torc convertor and change the wieghts in it.

My scoot does 41 after getting rid of oil pump adjusting putting nice filter.i have a vento just like keeyway hurricane.u can really get 60 out of these 2strokes if u buy variator kit,and cdi kit,and other stuff thats without boring.

Here's mine, Looks like the same frame as your clipper but shorter. I put an 8hp kohler (1" shaft) on it. Ran like a raped ape. Was tough squeezing into it and my knees were in my chest. Not designed for anyone over 5' tall.
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
I sure love them kohlers i bet it runs like a 10hp i also like winconsin motors too.if i find any of the older ones ill buy all.they got more power stock,because they where made for heavy duty stuff.

Original post said 50cc 2stroke scooter motor . Never seen any running around STOCK that would do 50 MPH. Not even in Japan where there are millions of the little bastards. 50KMH though. :thumbsup:

I guess it all comes down to "which" motor and how it's set up. Initially, I was thinking he was talking about a 30cc weed wacker deal, myself. :shrug:
I'm not sure who builds em.. They are fast little bastard though.. Run faster than the old 1980's 2 strokes.. :doah:

They've came a loooong way in the world of mopeds..

There sure are alot of dr kits for them thats why i wanted to put on kart,but it probly would burn belt out every month but maybe not.