How to test light coil

I am reassembling my H60 now. I got all kinds of spark but how do I test the light coil? There are 3 wires coming from under the flywheel...2 blacks from the light coil and a yellow used to ground out the plug. I am told one of the backs is a positive wire, one is a negative.

I want to ensure I an getting power out of the light coil before putting everything back together.

Thanks!

you could take a ohm meter and check that it got a complete circuit on the black wires and that is not shorted to ground .but other then that like richs said put it in a try it .

Im guessing I wouldnt be able to spin it fast enough by hand to see a test light illuminate?
Yeahhhh for the most part... at and idle speed they are kind of working.. and it will take a second for the coil to build a charge..... So if you just grab the crankshaft and turn it I doubt you will see anything... BUT if you have the spark plug out so it has no compression, and give a good stiff yank, going for speed, pulling on the pull rope you should see a report of some kind.. I wrapped a strap around the crankshaft of a blown up kohler 8 horse... Like a 2 inch strap like 10 feet long... kept winding and winding and winding until I had like 5 feet wrapped around the crank, THEN I pulled like hell on it until it finally came un wound and by time it did the motor was rolling probably 2,000 rpms and the light light up like a christmas tree. :lol: no doubting weather or not that one worked. :thumbsup: Yeah as long as you can get a fair amount of RPMS and it's turning the right direction you should see at least some orange...