Hurricane Irma..

Oddest thing I saw cleaned off the shelves today at the grocery store was baked beans :shrug: So if you see Venice/Englewood areas of Florida named as disaster stricken on the news in the days after it make landfall and your someone that donates supplies etc., please toss a can of air freshener in with whatever you donate :laugh:

It'll be like the campfire scene in blazing saddles, except well all be huddled around a bonfire made out of the trusses of our roofs :blink:

Wonder if my coleman propane stove works on methane?

Raskin [MENTION=54903]Raskin[/MENTION] , Mark [MENTION=5969]markus[/MENTION] , and Evol [MENTION=57698]EVOL Tweety Bird[/MENTION] How's things looking guys ? Anybody headed out ? Every time I watch the weather I'm thinking about you guys....Good Luck ! and think smart and be safe guys !

Last edited:
Raskin [MENTION=54903]Raskin[/MENTION] , Mark [MENTION=5969]markus[/MENTION] , and Evol [MENTION=57698]EVOL Tweety Bird[/MENTION] How's things looking guys ? Anybody headed out ? Every time I watch the weather I'm thinking about you guys....Good Luck ! and think smart and be safe guys !
I'm all secured..we will stay here.aprox 90 miles inland, 65' above sea level..We on high ground so just have to worry about the wind..weather sunny today..may lose power Sunday ...storm Monday.. Thanks man

Last edited:
Yeah ..we rotate our supplies and use the stuff that have near expiration dates after each hurricane season and buy more new stuff every year to grow the supply back to comfort level..we got an extra fridge i keep at least 140 bottled waters and more stored all year coz we're on a well..i like at least 2 months of supplies..first aid,prescription meds..5 small fire extiguishers..everyone needs to do this no matter where you live......looks like I'll take my last minibike ride of the week and stash them in the shed ..then on to other stuff if gets closer..
Very smart!

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

SAS289

People need to leave and go north now. That hurricane looks like it will spend some time in Florida as a cat 3 and 2 even after it makes landfall. Then finally get down to tropical storm level near the Georgia line. If it remains on the forecasted path.

Raskin, did you fire up your generator and make sure it is ready?

People need to leave and go north now. That hurricane looks like it will spend some time in Florida as a cat 3 and 2 even after it makes landfall. Then finally get down to tropical storm level near the Georgia line. If it remains on the forecasted path.

Raskin, did you fire up your generator and make sure it is ready?
Yep.. ..i only got 15 gal. of gas..I'm not gonna store 50 gal. here..I'm not worried about losing power so much..long as house stands..you can't run a generator all day anyway..been thinking of getting a whole house generac as i get we older...........---->sign of tropical storm around..the birds and squirrels have vanished

Last edited:
Yeah we're going to hang at the house, weather report just keeps getting better and better. NOT!
Okay hurricane winds, 6-12" rain, and then they toss in Polk County (where I live) TORNADOES POSSIBLE!

All we need now are the locusts to show up.

I hope everyone comes through this OK. I don't think you can be too prepared. In the meantime it seems as though the whole west coast is on fire. My buddy who lives in the Columbia River Gorge had to evacuate because the fire is within 1/2 mile of his house.

I hope everyone comes through this OK. I don't think you can be too prepared. In the meantime it seems as though the whole west coast is on fire. My buddy who lives in the Columbia River Gorge had to evacuate because the fire is within 1/2 mile of his house.
Damn...everyplace has something..we got rain and need none..

Tom a friend on mine posted this on Facebook a few days ago. She is an EMT in Silverdale, WA.

Edwards Washington looking over the gorge at Cascade Locks area. Its a scary comparison that's for sure.

Well we still got power a few gusts from the bands coming around..guys on s w fla hope the best going thru there now....it should be here tomorrow morning