Hydraulic brakes

I purchased a new hydraulic brake system For my DB-30. This is my first experience with disc brakes . My other mini bike has a scrub. So I'm messing around with it today in the garage just to see that the fit was correct, I need to have the bike strip down for welding and painting . I noticed when I pulled the brake lever The caliper squeezes but will not release ? There were no directions when the part came, said it was ready to go no bleeding necessary on the website . Wondering if anybody has any input on this I would appreciate it . Thanks

Attachments

Does the tire lock up and stay locked up when you put on the brake and release? If you lift the back tire off the ground can you spin the rear wheel when you release it? Are the pucks just not retreating after you squeeze it? I dont think they go back in as much as they just release the pressure applied...

Can you slide the caliper back and forth on the slide pins a little bit with your hand?
Do you need to shim the caliper with thin washers to better center the caliper and allow for proper movement?
Reason I ask is I think I have that same setup on my Manco and had no issues.

This is assuming that the disc is straight.

I did notice the disk is not all that straight. Uuuuummmmm......... Should I replace that ? It does seem like it's not completely locked up just not retracting all the way . So it rubs , which doesn't help when the disc is a bit out of whack . So I'm gathering recommendation is a new disk possibly some shims and go from there?

Yep under those little rubber boots is the slider bolts...when the caliper is mounted to the frame it needs to be centered so It has no drag, hopefully you can shim it out and be OK.

I think all or most of these discs have a slight wobble to them, from your pic it looks like the rubber boots for the slides(like was pointed out above by OND) are all swelled up or kinda squished, that might mean the caliper is too close to one side or the other preventing the pads from retracting fully.
Your brake caliper will have 1 bake pad pushing in one direction, while the other pad is held in place by the caliper.
In other words only one of the brake pads is actually moving, the other is stationary. So the caliper will want to move in one direction, you might need to shim it out to get the correct amount of clearance for the caliper to go through its travel and full range of motion that it sees in its regular daily use. Enough so that the pads will squeeze and relax properly, that is.

Well mine has banjo fittings so not really, I thought they sold 1 kit with a longer line for rear, and 1 with a shorter line for front brakes?
Could be wrong though