i hate fire trucks

wow long convo about fire trucks and ambulance as everyones said ear plugs, ask for them to move or something and so on :p good luck with it and if they dont listen :thefinger: :censure:hehe

Idling truck huh? sounds like a free truck :thumbsup: They wont mind, they arnt using it at that point in time
we did that to some guy at my work one time.

there was an accident and he parked blocking our driveway at work. he left his pickup running so we moved it into our garage so people could get in and out.

he came back 10 minutes later and wanted to know where his truck was. we told him some guy took off in it and we thought he was the owner. after letting him freak out for a minute we told him we moved it into the garage because it was blocking stuff. he wasn't pissed then and thought it was kind of funny.

It's not only the lights, those tricks have tons of computer equipment on them also. They also keep them plugged in when they are back at base parked and NOT running.

tomsprops

Strogi- I feel your Pain ! I'm perfectly Trianglated between a Fire station,an Old Folks home and a Hospital ! So the Firetrucks go Screeming w/lites & Sirens down to the Old folks Home . Alway's around 2-3 o'clock in the morning ! The Old Folk's must figure if the Bar's are closed ,it's time to Die ! Pick up the Old folk's, and Race Sirens/lites a blazing(with no-one on the road )back by my place towards to hospital ! So I end up getting them coming and going ! :thefinger:

at the last place i lived i was about 1/4 mile away from the trauma center for this area. it took me quite awhile to get used to hearing helicopters coming and going all the time. it sucked when they were backed up and they'd circle around because they are damn loud when they're just hanging out that close for several minutes.

I know a way of getting rid of them..tell them that the Excess Exhaust of it running makes the risk of Carbon Monoxide coming into your house greater!

Must be from my time as a tanker in the Army. A big diesel idling is like a lullaby to me. That big V-12 would have me asleep within 5 min of stopping the tank. Sucked when we went to turbines.