I have NO idea how high this is revving...

GTLabs

Any guess on what kind of RPM I'm getting out of this 25cc 2-stroke Homelite? My guess is about 14k. It's got one of my biofuel blends on board. That's the only change. If you guys can also point out a good motorized bicycle kit, I'd really appreciate it :weld:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeI4mirxBTE

Last edited:

GTLabs

It's VERY oxygenated. 70% Butanol alcohol, 30% Omega glow fuel w/Nitro. There's no gas in it at all. Redline from factory is listed as 9k rpm.

I have a multi-meter w/ tach. Will that tell me anything? I seriously want to know how high this thing is spinning.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It's possible
It seems the smaller the motor the higher it revs. I have seen small 4 stroke motors rev that high with a lot of mods done. A small 2 stroke can get crazy.

GTLabs

Tiny tachs top out at 9990. I think a local kart shop would be able to help me out with a tach signal.

I really expected this thing to be a "splattering motor on a stick". It didn't go aaaaaAAAAGH-*SPLAT!* I revved it like that for a good hour or so cycling it up and down and letting it idle and fiddling with the mixture a bit. It ran normal, but "not" LOL.

I say 10,000. I build / repair chain and demo saws and have seen 16,000 out of a german 70cc 2-stroker but wouldn't dare try and keep one there for any length of time. Besides that I believe that thing is spinning on all of ONE (1) crankshaft bearing so it isn't long for this world anyway.