I need opinions on an idea

I have been contemplating this idea for some time now and want to run it by the creative minds here.

I have 2 Super Broncs. They both have the optional upper tank. This makes the lower tank a bear to fill. Also the added plumbing adds a lot of clutter to the right side.

My thought is to make an insert that fits the filler neck of the lower tank. This insert would be sealed to the tank and allow the upper tank to feed the fuel to the lower and then the carb. Eliminating the tank selector valve.

In theory it would work like this. Fill the upper tank and it would gravity fill the lower tank at the same time. The fuel would be used from the top tank until it was empty and then the bottom tank without any interruption. It probably will be slow to fill the lower from the upper but I think it would be a fair trade off.

If I can successfully get the insert to seal in the lower tank neck it should act like a single tank. One thought is that the fuel volume will basically be doubled theoretically increasing weight. Increased weight will increase pressure but I don't think it will be enough to overcome the floats ability to keep the needle seated.

Thoughts???? Good theory, bad idea???

I don't see why it won't work as long as the inlet on lower tank is sealed properly, it would be very slow to fill as the fuel into and the venting air from the lower tank would be using the same 5/16 fuel line at the same time, another option would be to add a vent tube from the lower tank, you would need to route it above the top tank full line and add a spiral or two to keep fuel from splashing out.