I think its a Tote Gote?

I found this pushed down a bluff yesterday, i think it's a tote gote from the research i've done, maybe a model 600?

Everything there seems to be in decent shape, but no climb away clutch which looks like it's next to imposible to find one.

what does a fellow do without a climb away clutch to get it moving

i noticed the lack of support bar to the neck, it doesnt look like there ever was one too.
Sure looks like a model 600 other than that.

The jackshafts are a very early tote gote. The frame parts in front of where the motor goes (and lack of frame from head stock to motor mount) point to early model 300. On a 600, the vertical frame pieces in front of motor are straight up and down and on a 400 they are slanted like this tote gote. The front brake is the schwinn brake which they stopped using before the model 400 or 600. You don't see many of these.

Well that's why we have you here Richard. To offer very complete details and information. This bike will forever carry the name ( In the nick of time ) It just needs some super sized TLC
Steve :scooter:

It's hard to even find a picture of this frame. I only found one. The front forks in this picture show the spring loaded 'pogo sticks'. Some one may have put older forks on your tote gote including the schwinn brake.. OR..This could have been a frame made before the pogos were made. All tote gotes before this model were model B's or model P's. This was the first numbered model. This is the last model to have pillow block bearings.

The paint matches up from the handles bars to the frame, I don't think it was an add on but i may be wrong. Either way, the jackshafts and the sprockets and chains are in good working order, the front brake kind of works too. The handle bars will have to be welded, they are broken where it meets the frame, (this is probably why they added the extra cross bar).
The rust is mostly surface rust, unbelievable this thing sat outside for as many years as it did and is still basically OK.
My question to anyone is: What should i do for a clutch and motor?

You need to check the steering neck. A number should be stamped on the right side. It will start with a C I'm thinking. I have this same model. It is an early 400. The later 4 hp models were 404/414. The model 400 came first. The 400 I have came right from Ralph. Dik didn't we think this was the model C?

Good Find!

Yes, it could be a model C, a 300 or a 400. The numbered models usually begin with the motor horsepower. 300 is a 3hp Briggs and 400 was a 4hp. If you can find any numbers on the head stock, you could narrow the choices. The early tote gotes had Salsbury or Depco clutches. This tote gote was made about the time Bonham designed their own 'climbaway' clutch. So I would only be guessing on which clutch was used. This models shares some features with the Skeeter, which had the added brace from headstock to motor mount.

I cannot find any numbers on the frame. There is a 7/8 belt left over on the jackshaft, i'd like to keep the bike as close to original as possible( a fellow from go cart USA tried to convince me a torque converter would be better) so where does a guy find the right clutch?

The original tote gote 'climb-away' clutch is a torque converter. You hardly never see a clutch for sale. Sometimes I have to buy another tote gote just to get the clutch.