I think it's a Toyoco

pomfish

Picked this up today.
Has a real nice running B&S 3 1/2 HP engine, starts first pull, idles great, pulls good.

Has a Motorcycle style front fork setup with hydraulic forks and handlebar risers.
10" spoke wheels with brake on rear only.Break works well.
Front fender is home made but is sturdy.

Long seat pan has me confused, the pan looks stock, the seat cover has been re-done.
Jackshaft with 1:1 transfer, could probably use some reduction.
It is too high gearing to pull me with out a shove off, but I weigh 235.
I am sure it would pull a 125-150 lb rider well.

Back tire has slow leak.
Anyway if anyonw has a brochure or pic of this bike and can confirm it is Toyoco or whatever it would be appreciated.
Later,
Keith

Picked this up today.
Has a real nice running B&S 3 1/2 HP engine, starts first pull, idles great, pulls good.

Has a Motorcycle style front fork setup with hydraulic forks and handlebar risers.
10" spoke wheels with brake on rear only.Break works well.
Front fender is home made but is sturdy.

Long seat pan has me confused, the pan looks stock, the seat cover has been re-done.
Jackshaft with 1:1 transfer, could probably use some reduction.
It is too high gearing to pull me with out a shove off, but I weigh 235.
I am sure it would pull a 125-150 lb rider well.

Back tire has slow leak.
Anyway if anyonw has a brochure or pic of this bike and can confirm it is Toyoco or whatever it would be appreciated.
Later,
Keith
Is that your Windber ride? Looks good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

oldfatguy

something to consider, an h60 tecumseh fits nicely on that frame. That's what I have on mine and I'm running a clutch to a 20 tooth gear on the jack shaft. It come out to around 8 to 1, the bike easily pulls wheelies and accelerates like crazy even with me on it and I'm in the 300 lb class. That little briggs will never give you the power that you want.

pomfish

I hear you on the under powered briggs.
I don't know at this point if this will be a keeper or will get sold off to fund other projects.
If sold for a young person, the briggs will work fine. This bike is using a 41 chain and the biggest secondary gear I see on OldMiniBikes's site is 17 tooth.
Where did you get a 20 tooth and do you think the 17 would get close enough on the gearing?

Thanks,
Keith

oldfatguy

the 17 tooth will work ,I used 35 chain on the clutch side of the jack shaft so I was able to get a 35 chain 20 tooth sprocket for that side . the other side or wheel side is a 9 or 10 tooth 41 chain gear. You said that you have a 1 to 1 transfer now ,so if you put a larger gear on clutch side of the jack shaft [ run the clutch to the largest gear that you can get] this will lower your gear ratio and give you more low end power. You are probably at around 6 to 1 now so if you can get to about 8 to 1 [8 turns of the clutch to make one full turn of the rear wheel] you will notice a big difference although you top end will be a little lower. That Alexander reynolds frame that you have is fairly rare but it would be very difficult and expensive to ever restore it because the gas tank, seat and other parts are nearly impossible to find. That bike was a copy of the 70 rupp roadster so parts like the forks and brakes even the fenders are almost the same. I like it more then the rupp because the reynolds frame is larger and more comfortable.