I want one!

Minimichael

I saw that. Love the frame. Steering looks heavy when you think about how large that mini really is. I saw the orange krate in Milwaukee a couple years back. Wanted one of those, too.

Pretty cool looking. Not entirely sure why he felt it needed a manual transmission though. Reduce the torque load on something like a traditional jackshaft setup that a tube frame may not handle? The last thing I wonder about is the foot peg location. Then again, this thing is probably never meant to actually be rode around.

Certainly needs rear suspension. I would prefer the CVT from the sled. I can't imagine trying to keep it in the right gear Unless it was on a drag strip.
I do want to ride it, though!

Augiedoggie

Saw that on my gearhead feed. Very cool build. I agree with opinions here about the gearbox selection. This builder had healthy budget for the build and had a specific goal in mind. Seems like his idea was cool but maybe not the most practical. Properly geared CVT would have that thing pull like a rocket on wheels

DaddyJohn

This really is more of a motorcycle masquerading as a mini bike than anything. Mini-bike-inspired I suppose, lol… That being said, I’m mostly a motorcycle guy, I like the idea of the snowmobile twin mated to a Harley 5-speed. In this case, it probably packages things much better, as the snowmobile CVT takes-up a lot of real estate and would likely be aesthetically and ergonomically challenged. I also agree the footpeg location is bad, but the open primary and the location of the expansion chamber really limit the ability to place the pegs (and the rider’s legs) in a more forward position.

Overall, my take is it’s a shame he took such a cool power unit concept and didn’t build something like a cafe racer or retro-sporting motorcycle with it. I like minis quite a bit, but this is really something else. Cool though! :cool: