I want to build a mini drag bike

Twid

What motor do you all recommend?

5hp Briggs , Briggs animal, Briggs raptor, blockzilla, jr dragster motor.

I'm looking for aftermarket part support and I don't mind buying used.

I want to run 10's in the 660.

Made in the USA only please

I know a guy who has a nitro 44 frame. He seems to like it.

I am running a small Blockzilla on alcohol and it seems to run great. Parts are pretty easy to get and somewhat reasonable if you shop around.
It's a lot more work flushing the carb and motor, plus changing the oil all the time because of the alcohol but IMHO the performance gain is well worth it.

trinik7597

yeah here is a thought if you are serious get intouch with member lscustoms he has a couple very nice high quality drag frames for sale :thumbsup: and i would say $1000 is light on a real drag motor especially a big block

yeah here is a thought if you are serious get intouch with member lscustoms he has a couple very nice high quality drag frames for sale :thumbsup: and i would say $1000 is light on a real drag motor especially a big block
...should I get a flathead five, or a Jr Dragster motor? WHAT? Oh gee, I dunno. LOL... The entire Jr Dragster drive system and LSC's $600 Taco drag frame. Probably cost less than a Harley Bar Hopper with an S&S motor, right? :laugh:

trinik7597

...should I get a flathead five, or a Jr Dragster motor? WHAT? Oh gee, I dunno. LOL... The entire Jr Dragster drive system and LSC's $600 Taco drag frame. Probably cost less than a Harley Bar Hopper with an S&S motor, right? :laugh:
i don't know dave think i could have bought a harley for what i have into my drag bike :laugh: wish g was selling frames when i started building mine it would have saved me some money for sure :thumbsup:

i don't know dave think i could have bought a harley for what i have into my drag bike :laugh: wish g was selling frames when i started building mine it would have saved me some money for sure :thumbsup:
I've always thought it would be fun to build an all out drag bike using the Junior Dragster components. Until I saw how much it would all cost. As an aside, I actually contemplated Gerald's frame this morning, but cant swing it. What a neat frame and great way to get into a drag bike though.

Twid

I got about 10grand in my bar hopper genuine Harley hammer 1450cc. There is no way it could cost that much to build a MDB I'd put 3 - 4 g's into one. I'm down

Twid

I know a guy who has a nitro 44 frame. He seems to like it.

I am running a small Blockzilla on alcohol and it seems to run great. Parts are pretty easy to get and somewhat reasonable if you shop around.
It's a lot more work flushing the carb and motor, plus changing the oil all the time because of the alcohol but IMHO the performance gain is well worth it.
Do you know what motor that guy is running in his nitro 44 and is it quick?

I got about 10grand in my bar hopper genuine Harley hammer 1450cc. There is no way it could cost that much to build a MDB I'd put 3 - 4 g's into one. I'm down
Bar Hoppers here are cheap and plentiful, and I thought a Hammer was a Victory product. One of their stores is down the street from me.

But yeah, a Jr Dragster bike could be done for as low as 7 or 8K. Check out the cost for an engine, clutch and drive assembly for them, and add the other 2K for the drag frame, and rigging. These Titans (engine only) start at $4500.

3 to 4 G's does not get you a Jr Dragster powered bike. To put a finer point on it, I spend nearly that amount restoring vintage mini bikes, several of which I have posted here over the years.

It's your money, so hell yeah, build the bike we've all always wanted to build but could never afford to. :thumbsup: It was you who mentioned those JR Dragster motors after all. :scooter:

Twid

Bar Hoppers here are cheap and plentiful, and I thought a Hammer was a Victory product. One of their stores is down the street from me.

But yeah, a Jr Dragster bike could be done for as low as 7 or 8K. Check out the cost for an engine, clutch and drive assembly for them, and add the other 2K for the drag frame, and rigging. These Titans (engine only) start at $4500.

3 to 4 G's does not get you a Jr Dragster powered bike. To put a finer point on it, I spend nearly that amount restoring vintage mini bikes, several of which I have posted here over the years.

It's your money, so hell yeah, build the bike we've all always wanted to build but could never afford to. :thumbsup: It was you who mentioned those JR Dragster motors after all. :scooter:
Hammer performance speed shop quality stuff. I did mentioned the jr dragster motors but I find them used all the time being with in an hour of the strip and do a lot of drag racing my self. I know it take a lot of engineering to go fast hp / torque is nothing with out traction and you can't go if you can't stop. But I'm new to the mini bike thing and the only stupid question is a question not asked.

But I'm new to the mini bike thing and the only stupid question is a question not asked.
No, it's all good. I like restoring the vintage stuff, and a drag bike to me would be a waste of money. I am retired and fixed income, and there are other things to spend my limited funds on. But I've always thought a genuine drag motor on a mini bike would be really cool.

I hope you looked at that frame Gerald (LSCustoms) is selling.

trinik7597

or buy a 212cc and invest a good +$500
a 212 with bolt on mods is not a drag motor !! you would need atleast a solid 25 hp and to do that is more like $1,500 to $1,800 with a 212 :thumbsup: there are a few options on frames !! lscustoms is selling moded temecula bob frames at all different levels / minichoppers socal has the nitro 44 which you already know may need some support work for a serious build / outlaw fab (mark) in detroit has done some nice frames / f&b also makes frames or complete rollers . or you can find a frame you like and modify it to your own needs :thumbsup: