Illegal minibike race may 25th long island

I am just getting back into mini bikes after a long 15 years of being away , im looking into purchasing a doodle bug or something to work on. Where is this event being held ? i would like to come take a look and also wondering if there are any spots on Longisland these days to ride without getting in trouble ? I live in Merrick right now , my place was destroyed from sandy in longbeach but i am looking to move back. I may be picking up a rebuilt doodle bug with stock motor in the next few weeks and i am thinking of putting a predator engine on it if i have the $ for it and anyone wants to help .Thanks
Hey where In lb do you live ?
As for legal places there are none!
The place we are at is 90 knickerbocker ave Bohemia
Welcome to the forum don't forget to introduce your self
And tell us a little about you.
Also I have acouple frames how much would you like to spend ?

Hey where In lb do you live ?
As for legal places there are none!
The place we are at is 90 knickerbocker ave Bohemia
Welcome to the forum don't forget to introduce your self
And tell us a little about you.
Also I have acouple frames how much would you like to spend ?
hey hotroded , i lived on franklin ave. in longbeach , apartment building right up on the boardwalk. Moved back home for a bit with the parents in merrick to save for a new place. As a kid i had many motorized vehicles , quads , minibikes , scooters , rc cars and time, work and money forced me to kinda leave the hobby for a bit. I actually still dont have much time to get into it but i put a fs on craigslist to sell some car stereo equipment recently and got a decent trade offer wich includes a stock doodle bug with a rebuilt stock engine. I will most likely take the offer and bring some childhood memories back maybe even do some mod's to it, but theres pretty much no place to ride on longisland. I was thinking of maybe taking it to the nickerson beach parking lot when and if i get it. I am pretty much trading if all goes well i nice system worth around $500 but id take $400-450 , the guy has offered me $175 cash and a freshly repainted & rebuilt bike. Not the best deal but decent i guess.

:freakout: What a bummer I just realized this show is the same day we go to the Air Show at Jones Beach with the kids and some other families.:doah:
Maybe next one.

[Well if you want to ride it this sunday we will be in Bohemia racing and there will be a few bikes for sale too.
I live on pacific forever ! If yiur down this way stop by in the afternoons QUOTE=Justpassedu;832156]hey hotroded , i lived on franklin ave. in longbeach , apartment building right up on the boardwalk. Moved back home for a bit with the parents in merrick to save for a new place. As a kid i had many motorized vehicles , quads , minibikes , scooters , rc cars and time, work and money forced me to kinda leave the hobby for a bit. I actually still dont have much time to get into it but i put a fs on craigslist to sell some car stereo equipment recently and got a decent trade offer wich includes a stock doodle bug with a rebuilt stock engine. I will most likely take the offer and bring some childhood memories back maybe even do some mod's to it, but theres pretty much no place to ride on longisland. I was thinking of maybe taking it to the nickerson beach parking lot when and if i get it. I am pretty much trading if all goes well i nice system worth around $500 but id take $400-450 , the guy has offered me $175 cash and a freshly repainted & rebuilt bike. Not the best deal but decent i guess.[/QUOTE]

[Well if you want to ride it this sunday we will be in Bohemia racing and there will be a few bikes for sale too.
I live on pacific forever ! If yiur down this way stop by in the afternoons QUOTE=Justpassedu;832156]hey hotroded , i lived on franklin ave. in longbeach , apartment building right up on the boardwalk. Moved back home for a bit with the parents in merrick to save for a new place. As a kid i had many motorized vehicles , quads , minibikes , scooters , rc cars and time, work and money forced me to kinda leave the hobby for a bit. I actually still dont have much time to get into it but i put a fs on craigslist to sell some car stereo equipment recently and got a decent trade offer wich includes a stock doodle bug with a rebuilt stock engine. I will most likely take the offer and bring some childhood memories back maybe even do some mod's to it, but theres pretty much no place to ride on longisland. I was thinking of maybe taking it to the nickerson beach parking lot when and if i get it. I am pretty much trading if all goes well i nice system worth around $500 but id take $400-450 , the guy has offered me $175 cash and a freshly repainted & rebuilt bike. Not the best deal but decent i guess.
[/QUOTE]

Hey hotroded im out in LB almost every weekend hanging on pacific and broadway. My best buddy actually lives right there. We are always outside at the corner bbq'ing on his patio. Maybe you can stop over and have a beer sometime with us. I will try and make it sunday but i dont even have a bike yet. How far is bohemia from lb? I may be picking up the bike in a week or two , it has a stock motor on it and i'd like to possibly swap it for that predator motor , do you have any experience doing the swap ? it has been years since i have worked on small motors and minibikes .I dont have much experience .

** Edit : actually just told my buddy about you and he asked if your name is Ed so i am guessing thats you and that he knows you , his name is Todd, he said he lives like 3 houses down from you and he thinks you are the guy with the nice old cars . He lives next door to the guys that have the camper always parked in the street. I'll prob be there saturday bbq'ing id love to see some of your bikes if you didnt mind.

Last edited:
Yep that's me see you sat
Ed pm me your # if you dont mind , also just got back from buying a bike that appears to need some work off cl. Looks to be a baja warrior or something like that. It's got some rust , two flat tires but the guy said his son drove it like 10 times and its been stored for a few years. I dont know where to start lol

Ok just one note for tomorrow

No shorts or skirts sandles ior open toed shoes if your racing
And if you would buy the food and beverages from the club house to help pay for the time the motorcycle club puts into letting us race there