I'm sorry, but this is kinda funny.

Whiplash and back pain. Imagine that.
Was going to comment on that - here in SA it's tough Takkie and hope you have your own medical aid.
I get the feeling the Taurus driver is aiming for a "I never have to work again claim":shrug:

One of these days I am going to be to scared to leave my house. The sue for anything mentality is slowly creeping in in South Africa. Heard that the cops had to pay out over 40 million in wrongfull arrest claims this year.

I know some people genuinly deserve a claim, but figure most just smell a quick buck.

Was going to comment on that - here in SA it's tough Takkie and hope you have your own medical aid.
I get the feeling the Taurus driver is aiming for a "I never have to work again claim":shrug:

One of these days I am going to be to scared to leave my house. The sue for anything mentality is slowly creeping in in South Africa. Heard that the cops had to pay out over 40 million in wrongfull arrest claims this year.

I know some people genuinly deserve a claim, but figure most just smell a quick buck.
Ditto.

Doesn't someone in a court have to decide on the award and amount?

In one county here in AZ (containing our largest city, Phoenix) the encumbent sheriff Joe Arpaio has cost the taxpayers over $50 million dollars so far in law suits that were paid out. That's just one county in America.

Of course here in America, we allow customers to sue McDonalds for hot coffee. The big payout was 20 years ago to a woman who was awarded 2.86 MILLION dollars because she suffered 3rd degree burns over her pelvic region. Since then there have been a LOT of similar suits brought to court.

I dunno.. a decade or so ago in the next town over, a guy on a motorcycle was running from the cops, T-boned a car on his bike, and killed the driver of the car.. :mellow: