Incoming Coleman CT200U and Questions..

I had an older MB when I was 17.. think Sears with a rigged on 49cc moped motor chained to it.. LoL

I ordered for $499 a Coleman CT200U from 'a wholesale company'.. shipping was $196 here to West Texas. So $697..

Comes with the 196cc clone..

I ordered from OldMiniBikes some simple stuff

Jet Kit / Emulsion Tube
Air Filter kit with choke tube (and extended stud for Predator)
8" Header Pipe with Muffler

oh and a $30 1/2 face helmet off EB..

I seen different videos with the TAV2 system.. and noticed some people just chop the lower half of the backplate off instead of shipping up the motor.. does this make sense and will I need to do that on this Coleman if I go that route??

I also used a 25% off HF coupon and bought the 212cc Predator for $105 shipped for a spare.. LoL.. I got the EPA model.. not the EPA/CARB cetified model.. is their a difference between them??

I am unsure on undoing the governor all the way from the engine.. or doing the bypass with a stiff wire.. what says the crowd?? and where would the new return spring need to go to keep me from blowing the motor??

Last edited:
I don't know much about the motors that come with them, but I've built a few clones. I have no experience with the TAV2, but I think this depends on where you plan on riding. If your going to be off road, a jack shaft or TAV would be helpful. My DB30 gets me around without one, but I'm not climbing any hills. A jack shaft or TAV is in the future for me because I intend to hit the trails this summer.
As for performance, I don't know that you'll notice a huge difference with what you bought. Don't remove the governor without a billet rod and billet flywheel. Those also won't give you a huge boost. I would look at a different cam and valvetrain for a notable difference. In order to do this, you'll want the billet parts. Going fast ain't cheap, but it sure is fun. If you're looking for low end torque, and you don't need to go fast, you can think mainly about a TAV or jack shaft.

toomanytoys

The TAV2 or TAV30 is a great system if you need more pulling power. My Super Bronc will climb a mountain, 8HP with a TAV30. Do you need one? Heck thats up to you. A clutch and good gearing will go a long way!

The last predator I put on a minibike for a fellow, he wanted the same parts you put on. Header, Jet kit, and Air filter.

Did it make a difference? I don't have any numbers. But it felt like it woke it up a little, but without the proper parts you shouldn't take off the governor. I have "tweaked" the governors to give a few hundred more RPM.

OldMiniBikes parts came in and the extra stud for a predator if I need it later..

Bike due in tomorrow.. :)

I went and got a tire 'plug' kit, and ordered a AR3910X sparkplug to try out..

I don't know what pics or vids you were looking at, but without raising the rear of the motor, even with the plate cut, the secondary on the TAV clutch would hit the framerail. Unless the motor is offset to the left...

I will say I love TAVs. Broadened torque and power range, Increased low end pull power for going up hills, and good top end. It is a lot like a CVT trans car, where the engine rpm stays the same but you are accelerating. :thumbsup:

Wow, 700 bucks for DOODLEBUG with a Pred. motor??? You could build one for about half that amount using a used doodlebug.

the differance is

I also used a 25% off HF coupon and bought the 212cc Predator for $105 shipped for a spare.. LoL.. I got the EPA model.. not the EPA/CARB cetified model.. is their a difference between them??

The EPA is a federal governmental agency that works to develop and enforce regulations that implement environmental laws enacted by Congress.

CARB is a California governmental agency that promotes and protects public health, welfare and ecological resources through the reduction of air pollutants.

The EPA is a federal governmental agency that works to develop and enforce regulations that implement environmental laws enacted by Congress.

CARB is a California governmental agency that promotes and protects public health, welfare and ecological resources through the reduction of air pollutants.
this is information but not the answer.