insane #41 nickel chain deal<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Most vintage 1960s/early 1970s bikes used #35 chain. But with torque converter they seemed to move to #41 chain (bigger). But Speedway and a few other makers used #40 chain (same pitch as #41, but wider and much stronger.) #35 chain is really pretty wimpy, i personally try to not use it. And #35 is not an actual roller chain, where #4x is. #41 is a lot better (though technically not really stronger than #35), with #40 being the best of the group. But obviously you use what your sprockets are pitched to use. On the newer Chinese bikes i'm not really sure what they use.
Thank you very much for the information. I have cat mini bikes that I am slowly working on.

@Kyminibiker thanks for the link. I am sure this deal was appreciated by many.

#35 chain is built to a minimum tensile strength standard of 1760 pounds. That is 260 pounds MORE than the standard for #41 chain. Average tensile strength number is about 100 pounds more, and quality kart chain such as EK and RLV exceed ANSI specs. #35 "space chain" is the same pitch, but uses #41 pin specifications.

#35 chain standards require a roller of .200 inches maximum. Note the use of the term "Roller" in the ANSI standard. What you are referring to is "roller bearing" that fits within the chain roller- which is not preferable in cases where a chain comes in contact with abrasives like dirt, unless it is sealed with an O ring. Solid roller chain (that is what it is called) is much slower wearing, and preferred over roller bearing in the kart racing world. (Note the article comparing EK, DID, HAT 219 kart chain)

@crazycarts4us to determine the chain you need, you measure the pitch of your sprockets. Here is a nice write up OldMiniBikes did for several aspects of maintenance, including measuring for chain pitch. Scroll half way down the page.
Thank you for the information. I am slowly working on a few Cat mini bikes and will be needing to purchase some chain.

Still waiting on the #35 spool I ordered on the 15th of June. For the person/people that ordered the #35 chain, when did Ebay say you should receive it?
Well I threw $10 at the well for the #35 chain to see if indeed it would arrive. Below is the message I received..LOL

Thank you for your recent eBay Zoro order.
I am writing to inform you, that the lead time of your item has been extended. The item is now not expected to ship until Nov. 8, 2019.
If you would like to wait on the item, no action is needed. If you would like to cancel, either reply to this email, or call us at the number below.

Well I threw $10 at the well for the #35 chain to see if indeed it would arrive. Below is the message I received..LOL

Thank you for your recent eBay Zoro order.
I am writing to inform you, that the lead time of your item has been extended. The item is now not expected to ship until Nov. 8, 2019.
If you would like to wait on the item, no action is needed. If you would like to cancel, either reply to this email, or call us at the number below.
YIKES! Well at least you/we will know when to roughly expect it! Christmas? lol Worst case scenario, we are out $10. Heck it'll be a surprise because I will have forgotten about it by then. :p