Insane kickback and rips pull cord out of hand

Bt200

I have tried to readjust valves like some said and it still rips just as hard i have heard it could be my flywheel or compression release valve but i am not sure looking for help because those include taking the whole motor apart.

Turn off ignition to eliminate any timing issues. If it still is hard to pull it's either valve adjustment or broken CR. You can visually see it work it should slightly open the exhaust valve on the compression stroke closing it as you come up to tdc. Try rotating the ex pushrod with your fingers should be tight until near tdc on compression.

Bt200

Turn off ignition to eliminate any timing issues. If it still is hard to pull it's either valve adjustment or broken CR. You can visually see it work it should slightly open the exhaust valve on the compression stroke closing it as you come up to tdc. Try rotating the ex pushrod with your fingers should be tight until near tdc on compression.
question i have my exhaust set to 24 and intake 25 like google says but when i turn the flywheel my exhaust makes a clicking nois
What does cr mean

Compression release.
It is mounted on the camshaft and it opens the exhaust valve slightly, just before TCD on the compression stroke. It is what makes it easy to pull start the engine. After the engine starts, the CR moves out of the way, leaving the exhaust valve to operate normally.
When you adjust your valves, the piston should be slightly PAST top dead center to make sure the CR is not opening the valve.
If you adjust the exhaust valve with the piston slightly BEFORE TDC, you might be on the CR, and it will not work. That could cause a violent kickback when starting.

Exhaust set at 24 WHAT? Try looking that up again. That sound like a problem.

Last edited:
What does set my exhaust to 24 mean? How about some details like what motor, when did it go from running and starting normally to ripping the handle from your hand.

Bt200

What does set my exhaust to 24 mean? How about some details like what motor, when did it go from running and starting normally to ripping the handle from your hand.
bought off of face book marketplace and google says 24mm exhaust and 25mm intake