Intake and Ex diff. between 3.5 and 4hp

I'm not a tecumseh guy, I dunno why all these years I've ran Briggs...anywho, I have a few T engines around and was going to run one on a mini I'm throwing together. I happen to have a 4 horse and a 3.5 horse.
I know the 4hp had a lot of blow by, I've seen it run, the 3.5 is fairly decent and fresh. so I would like to run the 3.5
whats weird to me is:
looking at the back of the motors the 3.5 has the intake on the right and the ex is on the left.
the 4hp has the opposite, its intake on left and exhaust on right.

What was done from the factory to do this, a cam change I'd guess....so that being said or thought about. and since the 4hp I have has a cool carb and header combo
my question is
Can I swap the cam from the 4hp into the 3.5hp and use the 4hp intake and carb and exhaust header combo on the 3.5?
the bolt pattern appears the same, I havent measured though.

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

the cams are different and it will not work unless you mount the carb on the ex port, not recomended. Had the same problom with a tiller 10 years ago.

the cams are different and it will not work unless you mount the carb on the ex port, not recomended. Had the same problom with a tiller 10 years ago.
yeah, I figured there had to be a cam change when they swapped sides, dunno why they made a change but I see what your saying.
The blocks would be totally different, as the smaller ex valve is on the opposite side, I guess it wouldnt be as easy as it seemed. :hammer: